These Four Walls Pt 7

Deep in thought, you stared out of the airplane window. You were flying to where you grew up, a small town in Vermont. Demi was sitting next to you, watching a movie on her iPad. For two whole weeks it was going to be just you and Demi. After that, it was back to the hectic life of Hollywood.

You were looking forward to this break, but you were also nervous. You had no clue what you had with Demi and that was really confusing, but you tried to shove that to the back of your mind. When the pilot announced that the plane would be landing soon, you shifted in your seat, distracting Demi from her movie.

“Are you okay?” she asked, taking off her headphones. “Yeah, we're just going to be landing soon.” Demi shut off her iPad and took your hand in hers. “Are you excited to be back home?” You shrugged but nodded at the same time. “I guess so. I haven't been here since we moved. Funny how I convinced my whole family to pack up and leave just so I could live my dream, only to have me throw it all away.”

Demi squeezed your hand lightly before letting go. “Don't think about it. We're here to get away from all of that.” You complied, but the last few minutes of the flight were spent in silence. When the plane landed, you waited rather impatiently to get off, blushing as Demi smirked at you. “There's a bathroom in the back you know” she laughed. “I know, but that's so disgusting. I'm sure they're much cleaner inside the airport.”

The second you got out of the terminal you told Demi you'd meet her at the baggage claim, rushing off to go find a restroom. You were washing your hands when you noticed a girl staring at you. “Can I help you?” you asked, somewhat annoyed. “You're Y/N, aren't you?” You weren't in the mood to be recognized at all, regretting not wearing sunglasses or a hoodie. “No, I just look like her. I get that a lot though” you said with a small smile, hoping she would believe you. You held in your relief when she appeared to.

“Wow, you could practically be her twin. Although I'm not sure why anyone would want that, considering she's a total train-wreck waiting to happen.” She finished with a cruel grin, and you realized that she knew you were lying. You didn't know how to respond without letting her know that her comment hurt, so you chose to keep quiet. “You're pathetic. Why don't you just go overdose already?”

You looked away from her to your hands, struggling to keep your tears at bay. Never in a million years did you think you would ever encounter a hater in real life. The words online were nothing compared to having it told to your face. You waited until she was gone to wipe your eyes and splash some water on your face so no one would know you were about to cry.

“What took you so long?” Demi asked when you popped up next to her. “Long line” you lied, not wanting her to know what had just happened. “Figures. I grabbed all of our bags so we can just go pick up our car now.”

You followed her to the car rental area, groaning when you remembered you still couldn't drive. “Hey, stop complaining. It's not like you're old enough to rent a car anyway” she teased, jiggling the keys in front on you. “You're a bitch” you said, helping her put the bags in the trunk. “Someone's a little grumpy.”

You bit your tongue to stop from snapping at her, breathing deeply as you got in the car to try and calm yourself down. Demi started the car but didn't start driving, looking at you expectantly. “What?” You had no idea why she was giving you that look. “You need to put your address in the GPS” she laughed. “Oh, right.” You hurriedly entered it in, settling back into your seat when you were done.

As Demi turned onto your old street, for some reason you started feeling anxious. You didn't let it show thought, not wanting Demi to worry. “This is a cute house” Demi commented as she pulled into the driveway. “I don't know why my parents never sold it” you mumbled while looking for the key. When you found it you attempted to unlock the front door, failing several times because your hands were shaking.

“Let me” Demi murmured, gently removing the key from your grasp. She succeeded on the first try, letting you walk in before her. “We can unpack later. What's wrong?” You ignored her question and focused instead on the pictures that were on the walls. You had been thinking about what that girl said the entire drive, and by now it was weighing heavily on your mind. “I'm just tired from the flight. Make yourself at home, I'm sure there's a phone book somewhere if you want to order pizza or whatever. I'm going to take a nap.”

You walked up the stairs and into your old bedroom, not even taking a second to look at any of your old stuff. You slipped under the covers of your bed, pulling them over your head. When you felt Demi sit down on the edge, you wanted nothing more than to kick her off.

You felt the tears start to slip out, content knowing that the blanket was blocking Demi from seeing your face. “You were fine on the plane. What happened?” You refused to answer her, knowing your voice would be a dead giveaway that you were crying. The only thing that could make you feel better was inaccessible, and it would be for the entire two weeks. You thought you would be fine, but then that girl had to go and essentially tell you to kill yourself.

You didn't have time to grab the blanket before Demi pulled it away from you. You moved your hand to cover your face but Demi grabbed it before you could. “Please tell me what's wrong. I can't help you unless I know” she begged. You shook your head, knowing that the second you started talking you would completely break down.

“Tell me when to stop.” You didn't get what she meant, at least not until she pushed you onto your back and pressed her lips on yours. You tried to move away but she held you in place, giving you no choice but to kiss back. She waited a few seconds before forcing her tongue into your mouth, slipping her hands under your shirt and letting them rest on your stomach. You hesitantly put your hands on her hips. You weren't ready to go any further, so when she let out a quiet moan you nipped her bottom lip to signal that you wanted to stop.

She immediately pulled away, a look of guilt in her eyes. “I'm sorry, I just figured tha-” You cut her off, not needing an apology. “Don't, Demi. Don't make me feel like you regret it. It did make me feel better, if that's what you're wondering.” A pleased smiled tugged at her lips for a moment before she seemingly remembered that you had been crying. “Now will you tell me what happened?”

You sighed before nodding, figuring out how to explain to her what had happened. “In the bathroom there was this girl who recognized me. She said I was just a train-wreck waiting to happen and asked why I won't just overdose already.”

You felt Demi's thumbs wiping your cheeks, not realizing that more tears had fallen. “She had no right to say that. People think they know you and that they can judge you, but they're wrong. They only know what they see in the media. Please don't take what she said to heart.” You wanted to laugh; couldn't she see that it already got to you? Almost as if she could read your mind, she wrapped you in a tight hug. “Don't worry about her and her irrelevant comments. I'm going to do my best during this break to fix you, I promise.” You didn't give her a response, not sure you could be fixed at this point.