Camping

“This place feels like it was built 500 years ago, and what if there are bugs?” Demi complained, dropping her bag on one of the beds. You rolled your eyes at her whining, debating whether or not you would sleep in the same bed with her. “I'm almost positive that it's less than two years old, and it was fumigated a few weeks ago. Do you think we should share a bed?” She bit her bottom lip and looked around the room at her family and yours putting their stuff on the beds as well. “I don't think so. We know what happens every time we do.”

You frowned but had to agree that she was right, placing your bag on a separate bed. “So you're sure that there won't be any bugs in here?” Demi asked, carefully surveying the walls and floor. “No, but if there are I'm sleeping in the car. Demi laughed and leaned in to kiss you, only to be stopped by someone shoving their hand between you and her.

“I don't think so! If you start kissing now you won't want to do anything else.” You pulled away to see who it was that rudely interrupted you, and you weren't that surprised to see it was your sister, Jamie. Maddie was standing behind her laughing at the expressions on your faces while Demi just blushed. “You're just jealous because your boyfriend wasn't allowed to come.”

The annoying smile on Jamie's face disappeared at your comment. Demi, sensing that the two of you were about to start arguing, decided to step in. “You know what'd be fun? If we went swimming!” Maddie hastily agreed and Demi didn't give you a choice, grabbing your hand and making you follow her to the lake. Jamie trailed behind you, obviously upset about your remark. While you felt bad about it, you decided to not bring it up anymore at the risk of making her more annoyed.

You slipped off your top and shorts, leaving you in a black bikini. You smirked when you noticed Demi staring at you. “Look, but don't touch” you said with a playful wink. A mischievous glint appeared in her eyes as she moved her hands towards you. “Demi, I'm serious. Not right he-”

You couldn't say another word, because the next thing you knew you were shoved backwards and into the water. You sputtered and wiped the water from your eyes, glaring at a hysterically laughing Demi. “You won't be laughing so hard when I break up with you.” She kept laughing, stopping only when she couldn't catch her breath. “Sorry,” she said while holding her hand out for you, “I just couldn't resist.” You grabbed her hand, but instead of getting up, you yanked her in with you.

“Y/N! Now I'm wet!” You couldn't help but laugh at the pathetic look on her face. “Yep, that tends to happen when you go swimming” you replied sarcastically. You kissed away her pout, pulling back before your sister could say anything. “Good choice” she commented from behind you. You resisted the urge to make another snide remark, deciding it would be better to suggest a game of chicken.

By the time Eddie came to announce that they were going to start the fire, you and Demi had somehow managed to lose several times to Maddie and Jamie. You put your shirt and shorts back on, not caring that they got wet. Demi grumbled the entire way to the fire pit about losing, shutting up when you abruptly stopped in front of her. She was a self-proclaimed sore loser, so you had sort of been expecting this. “This is supposed to be a relaxing weekend for you. Stop complaining and just enjoy it, okay?” She smiled and softly kissed your cheek. “Sorry, you know how I get when I lose.”

You chuckled and grabbed her hand to pull her down on the log bench so she could sit next to you. “I know, but I still love you anyway.” You looked around to make sure your sister wasn't looking, and when you saw that she was intent on lighting the fire you were finally able to give Demi a real kiss. You didn't pull back until she ran her tongue along your bottom lip, not wanting to make out in front of your families.

It took several attempts for Jamie to get the fire started, succeeding with help from your dad and Eddie. “Obviously no one here has ever been camping” you muttered, earning a jab in your side from Demi. “Be nice” she scolded, but her smile let you know she was thinking the exact same thing.

Your mom passed out long metal sticks along with the other essentials to making s'mores, but you were more interested in watching Demi. The fire was casting a calm glow on her face, and it only helped to light up the laughter in her eyes as she listened to your dad tell a funny story. “How did I get so lucky?”

You blushed when she looked at you, not realizing that you had said it out loud. “Get so lucky about what?” Nobody was paying attention to the two of you, so you felt it would be okay to tell her. “To be here and dating you. I mean, I love you and you're a celebrity, but somehow I got lucky enough to be with you.” She smiled and shook her head, kissing you quickly. “Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm the lucky one. I was in love with you first, and by some stroke of luck you loved me back.” You stole another kiss, smiling into it. It didn't really matter who loved who first, you just wanted to enjoy this time with her and every single day with her.