Coveting the Position as Daughter to the First Wife?

Feng Xiang Rong did not understand, "Why does concubine mother Yao do the cleaning herself? Shouldn't these things be left to the servants?" Although a concubine mother was not a proper master, there was no reason to allow a concubine mother to do the cleaning herself!

Chen shi fiercely glared at Xiang Rong, scaring Xiang Rong in to lowering her head.

Feng Yu Heng did not care for this. If people asked, she would answer: "Mother was generous to us and granted Willow courtyard her very capable wet nurse and two of her first-rate maidservants. A-Heng and concubine mother are very flattered. But those are all first-rate servants, so how could we force them do these sorts of hard work? Furthermore, I brought Man Xi out with me and Zi Rui is still small, so granny Sun must take care of him. Granny Li had to go pay respects to mother, so only Bao Tang is left. If concubine mother doesn't work, how can we keep up?"

Having said these things, the faces of the people in the room became ugly.

Feng Yu Heng added a few words: "It's fine, it's fine. Concubine mother and I have gotten used to these kinds of chores while living in the mountains. Even without strong servants, we would be able to survive!" These words reminded everyone that Willow courtyard was not given any strong servants.

The matriarch felt that since Feng Yu Heng entered the room, she had been continuously slapping her. She had truly lost a great deal of face.

And the person responsible for her losing face was the manor's head wife. She really did not want to see Chen shi.

Thinking like this, her heart fell in to even more disarray. Chen shi merely came from a rich family, but that year they were not very wealthy. They merely had enough to support Feng Jin Yuan with the Imperial exam and provide food. In addition, she had spent time looking after her in the village. Later on, Chen shi built a fortune, but that was on the back of coming to the capital with the Feng family. Without them, how could Chen shi have become acquainted with Huang family's business.

As for that year's Yao shi, it was her who helped the Feng family enter the capital and establish a proper foothold!

She recalled her waist. The things that Feng Yu Heng had just said seemed to make sense. Although it was said that the Yao family had treated someone to death, but that large of a crime was not punished with death. Instead, they were only demoted and exiled to Huangzhou. Imperial physician Yao was said to be the best under the heavens. There were not many who had been favored seven times!

Thinking of that, Feng Yu Heng's actions had raised feelings of tender love and pity. She waved her back and spoke: "My dear A-Heng has suffered."

Feng Chen Yu was slightly shocked, as her face became overcast.

Feng Yu Heng had also seen the matriarch's change of heart. However, this change of heart did not allow her to feel too different, much less feeling touched.

Only just recently did she remember that they had suffered, but what use was that now? Your real granddaughter had died already in an unmarked grave in the mountains to the Northwest. She had promised the body's original owner that she would return for revenge.

"Grandmother is too caring, A-Heng did not suffer." She casually spoke, and the matriarch felt that she was even more sensible.

"Granny Zhao." the matriarch spoke, "Go pick some stronger servants and send them to Willow courtyard. Also, prepare for a few children to enter the manor. Give the second young miss a few attendant girls." Then she looked towards Chen shi and clasped the beads in her hand. She felt it best to give her some face and said: "Chen shi granting her own most capable servants was correct. They can help the newcomers adjust. Let's do it like that."