Feng Yu Heng's Abilities

As soon as the phoenix hairpin was displayed, the eyes of all the male guests and female guests turned red. Flames of jealousy and hatred burned in their eyes, causing them to desire to burn Feng Yu Heng and Bu Ni Shang.

Everyone knew the background of the hairpin. It had been passed down through many generations, and it was something that was worn by six Empresses. Whoever received it, would it not just be like receiving an imperial decree to become the future Empress.

But the two people in this competition...

For a while, the crowd discussed it.

The Feng family's daughter was engaged to the ninth prince, while the Bu family's daughter was engaged to the fourth prince. Everyone knew that the ninth prince had been injured in a battle and had no hope of having children. The throne could not be given to such a person.

That was to say...

Oh!

Everyone turned their heads and looked towards the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi.

Could it be that the Emperor favored the fourth prince? There was this possibility, otherwise there was no way he would have Princess Bu's niece engaged to him. Moreover, Bu Ni Shang's full brother was stationed at the Eastern border and controlled a quarter of Da Shun's military!

Feng Jin Yuan's fist was tightly clenched. He did not think that the situation would become like this. The Emperor who had never made his stance clear, could it be that he would use such a method to make clear his intentions? His Feng family had chosen the third prince! If it truly were the case, how should the Feng family proceed from here?

He subconsciously looked towards the third prince, Xuan Tian Ye and saw that he still had his usual angry expression. He did not seem to be bothered by the gifting of the hairpin by the Emperor and Empress. In fact, when he looked over, he nodded slightly and gave a reassuring look.

Feng Jin Yuan's worries were completely resolved.

That's right! He had been too anxious. The current Emperor was only in his early fifties. Even if he selected a crown prince, there was a chance of making a come back. Since he had made his decision, the Feng family could no longer retreat. Just like the other wealthy and powerful families, each other their own factions. They could only advance slowly. Even if there was no established road, they had no choice but to try and build one.

Feng Jin Yuan was someone who could think things through. There was, however, someone who was very anxious. This person was the one named by Daoist Zi Yang to have the aspect of the phoenix, Feng Chen Yu.

In her eyes, the phoenix hairpin was something that should be hers. How could it fall into another person's hands? She was so frustrated that she wanted to throw a tantrum, but her current identity was Qing Le's servant. How could she have the right to throw a tantrum. Moreover, Bu Ni Shang and Feng Yu Heng were competing in archery and not the zither. Even if she had the qualifications to participate, so what? Whether she could even draw the bow was something that had to be considered, much less shooting an arrow.

Feng Chen Yu was so angry that her eyes could shoot fire, as her face became distorted. Qing Le reminded her in a timely manner: "Pay attention to your identity." She gritted her teeth and used all of her power to repress this anger. She could only lower her head once more. At this moment, she hated her mother, Chen shi, to death. If it were not for that vile woman, would she be in the situation where she could not enter the palace for five year? Would she be in the situation where she entered the palace but could not stand proudly in the spotlight before everyone? She, Feng Chen Yu, was the prettiest woman under the heavens, yet she had been pushed to the side. How irritating!