Introducing a Partner to Feng Chen Yu

With Feng Chen Yu's abrupt exclamation, she once again became the focal point of the scene.

Princess Ding An was aware long ago that the spotlight was stolen from her by Chen Yu. Now that she saw her acting out, she could not stop her expression from sinking even further.

Sitting next to her, imperial daughter Qing Le fiddled with her fingers and fiercely muttered: "As expected the Feng family is filled with sluts."

As for the fat woman who had been insulted by Chen Yu immediately felt affronted. Holding her hips, she rebutted against Chen Yu: "You are indeed the eldest young miss of the Feng manor, but my husband is a third rank official. I saw that you are quite beautiful, so I came over to develop some sort of relationship. My son attends Yun Lu Academy and is always scoring in the top 50 in tests. In the coming years, who knows, he might become recognized as the top scholar after the Imperial exam. When the time comes that you want to become friendly with us, we will not want to!"

Feng Chen Yu's face turned blue with anger, wanting to say, you said your son can barely score in the top 50, so what are you talking about top scholar for? Even if he became the top scholar, my father is still the prime minister. Your family will never be able to turn the tables in this lifetime!

But just as she was about to say these words, she saw from the corner of her eyes, a figure wearing a white robe coming over from a corridor between the garden and the front yard. The words she was about to say were swallowed back down, as she changed her expression to one that was very pitiful, her eyes becoming watery: "This sort of thing, father never talked about. Although madam meant well, Chen Yu is still just a girl who has yet to leave home. If madam brings up such matters, where should I place my dignity?"

Once Chen Yu donned the face of a Bodhisattva, she began acting like a weeping beauty, immediately capturing the sympathy those nearby.

When they though about it, it was indeed true. She was the eldest daughter. If you wanted to act as a matchmaker, you should have gone to their father to talk about it. Talking about it directly with the girl strayed too far from the rules.

Moreover... a madam who liked standing up for others spoke up for Feng Chen Yu: "Madam Tian." She called the fat woman: "Whether your son can become the top scholar is still unknown, but she is the current prime minister's daughter. You, being from a third rank official's family, want to become friendly with a standard first rank official. Is this not being too egregious?"

"Bah!" The fat woman became unhappy, "What right do you, someone from the Tian house, a fourth rank official's family, have to disdain my family's rank for being low?" 1

"Oh!" The woman who liked standing up for others spoke again: "Madam Tian, you seem to have forgotten. My husband was just promoted by the Emperor yesterday to standard third rank. This is a step above your lower third rank!"

The ruckus from down below finally caused Princess Ding An to run out of patience. With a "slam" sound, she slapped the table before her, causing the fruits and melons to fall all over the ground. The song and dance were also stopped by the princess' anger. For a moment, the scene was completely silent.

"What exactly did you come here for?" Princess Ding An glared at Feng Chen Yu with a darkened face, "Eldest young miss Feng, when you go out of the manor next time, I recommend you cover up your face to avoid having everyone get antsy over you." Not waiting for Feng Chen Yu to reply, she then turned to the two arguing women and said: "The resentment of your husbands from in court can be fought over at home, if you want to fight. Stop flaunting your prestige at my Ding An palace!"

Seeing Princess Ding An become angry, the two officials' wives ceased their blustering. They rose and confessed to their mistakes: "Princess is right."