Fire

At this time, the mourning hall did not hold just people of the Feng family. The majority of those present were Feng Jin Yuan's colleagues who had come to offer their condolences.

Feng Zi Hao acting up like this was completely beyond everyone's expectations. They could not help but be stunned in place. Getting closer was bad, but they also could not retreat.

If Feng Yu Heng wanted to dodge his wild swings, that would be too easy; however, before this any people it was clearly Feng Zi Hao who wanted to bully her. She could not allow them to think that it was her who was bullying Zi Hao. With that in mind, staggered about while dodging and looked to be in a very difficult situation.

Upon seeing this situation housekeeper He Zhong did not wait for his master to give any orders. He quickly led the officials who had come to offer their condolences out into the yard.

Meanwhile back in the mourning hall, Feng Zi Hao had already backed Feng Yu Heng up against the coffin.

Feng Yu Heng dodged while calling out: "Eldest brother, what are you doing? Mother died of an illness. What does it have to do with A-Heng?"

"Died from illness my ass!" Feng Zi Hao absolutely did not believe it, "She was killed by you. It's all because of your mistreatment!" Feng Zi Hao wildly screamed. Closing his eyes, he raised the sword and violently swung it in front of him.

For some reason, this sword was particularly sharp. When this sword was swung down, it struck directly into Chen shi's coffin, directly removing a corner from the sandalwood coffin.

Perhaps it was because he put too much strength into the swing, but Zi Hao became unsteady. Losing his footing, he fell and knocked over the incense case. The fruits left as an offering were also spilled onto the ground.

Chen Yu originally felt that watching her brother slash at Feng Yu Heng was very fun. However, at this time, upon seeing Feng Zi Hao break Chen shi's coffin and knock over the incense case, spilling incense all over the ground, she immediately felt her heart become knotted. That coffin held their birth mother. Chen Yu rushed forward to stop Zi Hao from continuing his rampage, but she did not think that after the case of incense had been knocked over, they would light half of the candles, which would then light the white cloth holding the mourning flowers. A fire suddenly broke out, and it immediately caught on to Chen Yu's dress.

Feng Yu Heng had escaped to the side long ago. Seeing that a fire had started, she loudly yelled: "Quickly come put out the fire! A fire has started!"

Everyone became panicked. A mourning hall catching fire was not a good thing. Add in the fact that Chen Yu was in the middle of the fire, and her dress had caught fire. Feng Jin Yuan anxiously pulled a servant's mourning belt and began using it to try and beat away the flames on her body. He could not by bothered by the burns on his hands, as he only thought of putting out the flames on her body.

Thankfully, there was a well in Jin Yu courtyard. A quick-witted servant brought up some water from the well and put out the fire. Very quickly, the fire was put out.

Although the fire had been put out, the smoke was very thick. The inside of the mourning hall had been terribly burnt. All that remained was the corner of the coffin that had been cut off. All of the other offerings had been burned to ash.

Feng Jin Yuan could not be bothered to deal with Zi Hao and carried Chen Yu from the mourning hall.

The fire on Chen Yu's body had been extinguished, but her clothes had become ragged from the fire.

A maidservant came and covered her in a cloak. Chen Yu anxiously checked her arms and fingers. At the same time, she raised her head and asked the maidservant: "My face, look and see if my face has any wounds."