No Money? Then Go Borrow Some!

"What?" The matriarch immediately felt her mind explode, "One million taels?"

Feng Jin Yuan felt that the matriarch's reaction was a little too exaggerated and quickly consoled her: "Mother do not get angry. You absolutely must not sprain your back again."

"I have A-Heng to take care of my back. There is no need for you to worry about it. Tell me, what do you need one million taels for?"

Feng Jin Yuan understood the matriarch and even knew how hard it was to get money from her. The reason the previous 50 thousand had been easy to get was because the matriarch was at least a little understanding and knew that it was important to plan for the future. All of the court officials had donated money, so the Feng family could not fall behind given that he was a standard first rank official. But wasn't the difference between 50 thousand and one million too large?

"Mother." He gritted his teeth and spoke with the matriarch, "It is related to the third prince."

The Feng matriarch shook her head vigorously like a pellet drum, "There is not that much money. What do you take the manor's treasury for? One million taels is something only a wealthy family like the Chen family can pull out. Think about it for yourself, how much do you earn in a year? How much do our shops earn in a year? What are the daily expenses of the manor? How could I possibly take out one million."

"But the matter with the third prince is an urgent matter!" Feng Jin Yuan could not stop himself from becoming anxious, "Son has already promised to give his Highness one million taels for him to spend. Mother, you also know that the Winter disaster this year was severe. For even the capital to have suffered so much, who knows what happened outside. At that time, the reason we chose the third prince, was it not because he was a man with great plans. The preparations he made outside were things that we had acknowledged!"

The matriarch knew he was speaking about the military being raised by the third prince. There was no mistake, that was one of the third prince's assets. It was also the most basic reason the Feng family had chosen to fight alongside him. But... "I heard that the third prince's official princess' illness has been cured. That combined with Chen Yu's current situation, what hope is left there?"

Feng Jin Yuan felt that the matriarch being able to ask such a question meant that things were most likely still open for discussion. Thus he quickly said: "Mother, do not worry. Son has already sent someone to find a medicine to deal with Chen Yu's problem. Apparently, there is word among the people that there is a drug that will allow a girl to be restored."

The matriarch's heart was moved slightly and followed up with a question: "Is there really such a thing?"

"There really is." Feng Jin Yuan gritted his teeth and made the promise, "The Feng family has developed Chen Yu for this many years, so we definitely will not allow her to become a waste.

"But Chen Yu is currently the daughter of a concubine." The matriarch remembered an important matter. She could not help but complain about Yao shi, "That Yao shi as well, she already regained her position as head wife, yet she still wanted that divorce. With that, not only did you lose face, Chen Yu's position is also awkward!"

Feng Jin Yuan naturally understood this concept. He also knew that the third prince would not want a daughter of a concubine to be his official princess, much less inherit the throne. When has the daughter of a concubine ever become the Empress? But he was not as pessimistic as the matriarch. When this situation had first occurred, he had been upset for a while. More recently, however, he had a new plan.

He smiled faintly and comforted the matriarch, saying: "Chen Yu's position is only awkward for the time being. Since son left her alive, son will naturally plan more around her. Mother, just relax. Let son first handle gathering the one million taels promised to his Highness the third prince. The other things will be handled when the time comes."