The Emperor's Junior Disciple

Hearing these words, even Feng Yu Heng was shocked.

She had been in this era for quite a while, so how could she not have heard of imperial tutor Ye Rong. That was a person talented in both academics and martial arts. Although his age was advanced, his body was still something that could not be rivaled by even a man in the prime of his life. The current Emperor revered him as a teacher, and countless academies under the heavens worship Ye Rong's teachings. Being able to receive teachings from Ye Rong, this was truly a stroke of heavenly fortune for Zi Rui!

Yao shi did not pay any heed to being stopped by Xuan Tian Ge. Pulling Zi Rui down, the two kowtowed to her three times. Feng Yu Heng walked forward. Looking at Xuan Tian Ge, she sincerely said: "Thank you."

The matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan both bowed. Regardless of whether Zi Rui was the son of the first wife or son of a concubine, the Feng family being able to have someone become the disciple of imperial tutor Ye Rong was also a matter that could be considered the current Emperor giving them some face. It had to be known that Ye Rong had only had one personal disciple in this lifetime, and it was the Emperor! Feng Zi Rui, from this point onward, would become the Emperor's true junior disciple, something nobody else could claim.

Feng Jin Yuan felt a bit of discomfort in his heart. Recalling the matter that year with the Yao family, the Ye family did not interfere. Now, that they were actually taking Zi Rui in, they were letting the whole world know that the Yao family and Ye family are still on good terms. Not only this, they were telling the current Emperor that this was the Ye family's position!

The matriarch suddenly came up with an idea. Now that Chen shi had died, if Yao shi returned to her position as head wife, this would also be pretty good for the Feng family.

Xuan Tian Ge looked around at everyone and continued speaking: "As for the second imperial grace..." She lightly walked forward and grabbed Yao shi's hand, "Aunt Yao, my imperial father said that the members of the Yao family may participate in the Imperial Examination in Autumn."

"Truly?" This news was something that even Yao shi did not dare believe. The Yao family had committed such a large crime that even she was quickly chased away in the middle of the night by the Feng manor. She had long believed that her maternal family would never recover, but she never thought that the younger generation would be able to attend the imperial examinations.

"Of course it's true." Xuan Tian Ge smiled and said to her: "Imperial father especially told this news to me and told me to come cheer up aunt Yao. As for Huang Zhou, the royal decree was handed down today." Xuan Tian Ge spoke while looking at Feng Jin Yuan: "Although this imperial grace is not directly related to the Feng family, thinking about it, Lord Feng should also be happy for the Yao family, right!"

Feng Jin Yuan's mind was in utter disarray. He truly could not understand things for a while. After three years, how could the situation have suddenly become like this?

Feng Zi Rui being accepted as a disciple of imperial tutor Ye Rong, and the Yao family's grandchildren were permitted to participate in the imperial exams. What exactly was going on? Was the Yao family making a come back?

He reigned in his thoughts and quickly replied to Xuan Tian Ge: "Naturally, this official is happy. Many thanks to imperial daughter for bringing this news. This official will definitely go to the Imperial Palace to thank the Emperor for his grace."

Xuan Tian Ge nodded, "Us sisters have remained for quite a while, so we will not trouble you any further. The gifts us sisters brought today were all for the elderly madam because we are all girls. Thinking about it, Lord Feng will not blame us right."

Feng Jin Yuan said: "Naturally, I will not."

"Thus we will not remain any longer." She nodded towards Feng Yu Heng and prepared to depart with her friends; however, a servant loudly reported: "His Highness Prince Xiang has arrived!"