Feng Family's Choice

Feng Yu Heng felt that since the entirety of Lord Ding An's family was so shameless, then there was no need to give them any face. She was not worried that Feng Jin Yuan would watch this as a bystander. This was, after all, no longer personal. This was the Ding An palace provoking the Feng family. Feng Jin Yuan was the noble prime minister. Was there a reason to ignore it?

With her departure, Princess Ding An's birthday banquet came to a very ugly end. Nobody had the heart to continue listening to music or watching dances. Each and every person went up to Princess Ding An, saluted and bid their farewells. There was a woman who was particularly indiscreet and said with a smile: "Coming today really was not a waste of time. Not only did I hear the Feng family's eldest young miss play the zither, but I also happened upon imperial daughter Qing Le's good fortune."

There was someone who immediately agreed: "When the date of imperial daughter's wedding banquet has been set, princess had better not forget to invite us to enjoy the wedding."

Princess Ding An angrily shouted: "Out! Everyone get out!"

Her cursing did not matter, as the people who had remained silent were already unhappy. They all made themselves clear: "You want us to leave, then we will leave! When you invite us in the future, we will not come! Let's see how many people the Ding An palace can invite for next year's banquet. In the end, it might be that you won't even be able to have the shopkeeper of a steamed bun shop send their wife and daughter to come flatter you! Hmph!"

Following this snort, everyone quickly dispersed. The male guests also bid Lord Ding An farewell. In the blink of an eye, the only ones remaining in this large hall were the family of Lord Ding An and some servants.

Lord Ding An looked at the messy room and felt his vision go dark. In this darkness, he felt that the situation was more and more hopeless.

He looked at his wife and daughter, especially that disheveled appearance of Qing Le. With nobody holding back his leg, he once against kicked her.

Being kicked twice in a row by Lord Ding An, Qing Le coughed up blood.

Princess Ding An was dumbfounded. Seeing that Lord Ding An was truly enraged, she did not even dare to cry.

"Vile creature!" Lord Ding An pointed directly at Qing Le, "You are a vile creature that came to demand payment!"

Feng Manor

In the main hall of Shu Ya courtyard, Feng Chen Yu was presently lying in the matriarch's lap, loudly crying. Feng Jin Yuan sat by her side and could not stop himself from sighing.

Feng Yu Heng and Xiang Rong sat across from him. Xiang Rong was a little afraid, as she lowered her head, not daring to look at her father.

"Grandmother and father must support Chen Yu!" Chen Yu cried while recounting the humiliation she suffered at Ding An palace, "Chen Yu bitterly practiced the zither for many years, but for what? Father has also said it, Chen Yu's zither playing must not be easily exposed. It should be left for.... But today, at Ding An palace, second sister forced me to play for a group of dancers. Father, Chen Yu feels incredibly wronged!"

Chen Yu had never cried in such a heartbreaking manner before. The feeling it portrayed was as though she could not continue living. Gasping for breath, it seemed as though she would start having spasms on the ground at any moment.

The matriarch felt sorry for her and continuously rubbed her back; however, Chen Yu's cries became more and more violent.

Feng Jin Yuan slapped the table surface, glaring at Feng Yu Heng: "What exactly did you want to do?"