Father, You Have Made a Mistake on This Account

Chen Yu sent the two million to Feng Yu Heng but did not linger at Tong Sheng pavilion. She did not even have Feng Yu Heng write up an agreement. It was not because she trusted her but because she heard one of Tong Sheng pavilion's servants report: "Master is currently on his way over."

She did not know why Feng Jin Yuan was coming over, but Chen Yu definitely did not want her father to know that she had asked the Chen family for money to take care of her own problems. Feng Jin Yuan still needed one million taels. If he found out about this money, he would definitely ask for it immediately.

"Having given second sister the two million taels as a deposit, our matter should be considered agreed upon, right?" Chen Yu hastily stood up and asked Feng Yu Heng.

"It has been agreed upon." Feng YuHeng nodded then reminded her: "But if the time comes and you do not pay the remaining three million, I will not treat you, and even the deposit will not be returned."

Feng Chen Yu gritted her teeth and only said: "Don't worry. I will not be short on money." She then looked at the path she took to get here and helplessly said: "Do you have any other path I can take?"

Feng Yu Heng shot a glance towards Huang Quan, and Huang Quan took a couple steps forward to say: "Eldest young miss, follow this servant. This servant will take you through the front gate."

Not long after they left, Qing Shuang came to make a report: "Master Feng is currently in the front hall waiting for you. Madam is also there."

Feng Yu Heng did not wait any longer. Bringing along Wang Chuan, she quickly went to the front yard.

When they arrived, Feng Jin Yuan was sitting on a guest chair in the front hall, holding a cup of tea and complaining to Yao shi: "Although we have already divorced, for better or worse, we were married for that many years. Mother is also ill, but you really are something. How many days has it been since you went to pay respects?"

Yao shi looked at Feng Jin Yuan and felt that this person was was too unreasonable. He had already said that they were divorced, so who had ever heard of two people who had gotten divorced then spent time together for no reason? Who had ever heard of a divorced woman needing to go pay respects to her former mother-in-law?

Seeing Yao shi's disdainful expression, Feng Jin Yuan was extremely furious: "What sort of attitude is this?"

Yao shi finally lost her temper "I just do not wish to see you. Lord prime minister, there is already no relation between you and me. You came here today, and I provided you a chair to sit in and very kindly provided you with tea to drink. If it were not because you had come to see A-Heng, you would not be allowed to come in at all!"

Previously, Yao shi would never have spoken in such a way to others; however, after spending a long time at Feng Yu Heng's side, she learned a few things. Adding on how she saw Feng Jin Yuan do more and more shameless things since she came back to the capital, Yao shi felt that she had truly been blind back then. Her father, old man Yao, had always been smart, but the biggest mistake he had made was betrothing his darling daughter to Feng Jin Yuan!

Yao shi's words made Feng Jin Yuan feel ashamed. He was scoffed at by a woman, yet why was he still able to sit there and endure it?

Thinking of this, he suddenly stood up and heavily put down his cup fo tea. Turning around, he walked towards the exit.

Yao shi did not stop him at all. In fact, she even said: "I won't see you off."

Feng Jin Yuan's lungs nearly exploded from the anger he felt, as he wanted to quickly leave Tong Sheng pavilion. He could not bear to spend another second in this damn place.