A-Heng Offers a Treasure

Wang Chuan did not embarrass her and instead answered in her stead: "Responding to master, it is like this, last night, the second young master suddenly fell ill. This morning, the head wife sent for the court physician to come take a look. The physician personally prepared a prescription and had a servant bring it to Willow courtyard. But Jin Zhen girl ran over saying that the medicine sent was the wrong one. This cup of medicine is a supplement the head wife prepared for master. Second young miss did not wish to delay, so she quickly told this servant to go with Jin Zhen girl to deliver it."

Feng Jin Yuan nodded. So that's what happened. He then chastised Jin Zhen: "How could you be so careless? You will receive punishment when you return to the head wife's side." But towards Wang Chuan, he acted as though he had not heard any mention of Feng Zi Rui's illness. He did not ask a single question, nor did he even mention it.

Wang Chuan sneered internally. She could only sigh at how weak the family relations were in the Feng manor. Although the second young master was the son of a concubine, since there were only two sons in Feng manor, both should be doted on. Yet, as a father, Feng Jin Yuan held such an attitude. It truly was bitterly disappointing.

"Bring it over." Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand, and Wang Chuan rose and moved forward, putting the medicine on the desk.

Feng Jin Yuan seemed quite accustomed to drinking this sort of supplement sent by his wives. Taking this to be the same as usual, he did not even look before tilting his head back and downing it.

Jin Zhen subconsciously called out: "Master-" Feng Jin Yuan froze for a moment, then placed the cup heavily on the table, exclaiming: "More and more disorderly!"

Wang Chuan retreated a few steps and bowed towards Feng Jin Yuan: "It seems Jin Zhen girl must have something she wants to say to the master, so this servant will be retiring first."

Feng Jin Yuan stuffily hmphed. If Jin Zhen had something to say, then didn't that mean Chen shi had something to say? He really did not have a shred of love for the current head wife. The only reason he kept her in the head wife position was that the Feng family still needed the wealth provided by the Chen family to make ends meet. Furthermore, it was to keep Chen Yu in her position as daughter of the first wife.

Feng Jin Yuan faced Wang Chuan and waved his hand: "Then you may leave!"

Wang Chuan retreated while bowing, her gaze containing a hint of a sly look. Until she exited the room, she did not forget to close the door behind her.

The servant, who was keeping watch outside, saw her exit. He look a glance inside then asked her: "Jin Zhen girl is still inside?"

Wang Chuan responded: "It seemed that Jin Zhen girl had something to say to the master. It must be something the head wife wishes to say."

The servant did not feel anything and escorted Wang Chuan out.

While the medicine was being delivered, Feng Yu Heng, with Qing Yu in tow, was headed towards Shu Ya courtyard.

As she left, she picked out a suet Hetian jade thumb ring. Also, from within her pharmacy, she pulled out a medical plaster used for slipped lumbar discs.

She understood that this thumb ring was precious, but it was not all that rare. The matriarch would definitely like it, but it would not be the best possible result. As for the medical plasters from the 21st century, they were truly hard to find in this world.

Of the reasons Feng Yu Heng chose to send gifts to Shu Ya courtyard at this time, one was because this morning, Chen shi had told her that she must give something. The second reason was the ultimate goal of this trip.