Two Imperial Graces

Although Chen Wan Jin and Chen Wan Shun were the older brothers, they respected Chen Wan Liang. Not only did they listen to him for business matters, they also listened to him for daily matters.

When the two saw that Chen Wan Liang became soft, they also stopped being tough. They went up together and lit three sticks of incense. They heard Chen Wan Liang say to Feng Jin Yuan: "Might I ask Minister Feng how long will big sister's coffin remain here?"

Normally speaking, a coffin was carried out after three days, but the Feng family had always received a large number of people. Leaving it for five to seven days was even alright.

Feng Jin Yuan did not have intend to keep Chen shi's coffin around at home for long and said: "Tomorrow will be the third day. The coffin will be brought to the old home where she will be laid to rest."

Chen Wan Ling did not have any doubts and said to Feng Jin Yuan: "Thinking about it, Minister Feng does not have much time to send the coffin back to the old home. The manor is filled with precious children, so you should not overexert yourself. How about letting us brothers send big sister away one last time."

Feng Jin Yuan nodded, "That's good. Then I will trouble you."

Chen Wan Liang waved his hand then glanced at Chen Yu one more time and said: "Know what is best for yourself." He then turned and quickly left with his two brothers.

Just as they left, a voice called out from outside the yard and reported: "Imperial daughter Wu Yang has arrived!"

The people of the Feng family had just managed to pull their thoughts away from the Chen family and turned their attention to the yard. There, they saw imperial daughter Wu Yang, Xuan Tian Ge, walk towards the mourning hall with three other wealthy-looking girls.

They did not recognize the other three, but Feng Yu Heng did. They were the good friends, Fung Tian Yu1, Ren Xi Feng and Bai Fu Rong.

A proper imperial daughter had come, so everyone from the Feng family naturally had to go welcome her. The matriarch was the first to step forward, while Feng Jin Yuan followed behind her. Arriving before Xuan Tian Ge, the females knelt and Feng Jin Yuan greeted her, saying: "Greetings imperial daughter Wu Yang."

Xuan Tian Ge quickly went forward and helped the matriarch up, very politely saying: "There is no need for elder madam to stand on ceremony."

The matriarch gratefully said: "Being able to receive imperial daughter Wu Yang truly is the Feng family's good fortune."

"What sort of thing is the matriarch saying." Xuan Tian Ge spoke and looked towards Feng Yu Heng: "With something this big happening to A-Heng's family, how could us good friends not come." After she said this, she introduced the girls behind her to the matriarch: "This is the daughter to the first wife of Prime Minister Fung's manor, Fung Tian Yu. This is the daughter to the first wife of General Ping Nan, Ren Xi Feng. This is the daughter of court artisan Bai, Bai Fu Rong."

The three walked forward and politely greeted the matriarch. Xuan Tian Ge then said: "We will go light a few sticks of incense for the deceased head madam of the manor."

After saying this, she led the three friends to the mourning hall. After each person lit three sticks, they exited and said to Feng Jin Yuan: "Lord Feng, do not mourn too much."

Feng Jin Yuan displayed his gratefulness, "Many thanks, imperial daughter. Many thanks to you girls. A little earlier, his Highness Prince Chun and his Highness Prince Yu came by. General Ping Nan, Lord Fung and sir Bai also came by earlier in the morning. Now that the four of you have personally come as well, this minister is truly grateful."