We Will be Entertaining the County Princess

The matriarch felt panicked. Every time an imperial decree came, it would have a result similar to an earthquake. What would come this time?

"Do not get too anxious." Granny Zhao saw that the matriarch was forcing herself to sit up in bed. She quickly pushed her back down in the bed, "The doctor has said that if you get out of bed too soon, the recovery will be slower. You must listen to the doctor's orders!"

The matriarch gasped in pain. There was no need for granny Zhao to push her back down. She herself could not even get up. All she could do was panic: "Quickly go see what the imperial decree is about! I can't personally go to receive it. If the Emperor were to find out, it would be a crime!"

Granny Zhao said: "Master has led the young misses and concubine mothers of the manor to the front yard to receive it. He has also told the eunuch who came to deliver the decree of your situation. That eunuch was very reasonable and only said it was fine. He said for elder madam to take care of properly recovering. The Emperor will not say it is a crime."

The matriarch finally calmed down and stopped causing a commotion. She only silently lay in bed waiting for the news.

After roughly one hour, Feng Jin Yuan brought Jin Zhen, Han shi, An shi and Yao shi over to Shu Ya courtyard.

Because she had to receive the imperial decree, Yao shi could finally leave Tong Sheng pavilion. Once the matriarch saw Yao shi, it was as though she saw a close relative, as tears began flowing.

Upon seeing this sight, Yao shi also let out a few sobs. She had heard that the matriarch had been unhappy with Feng Jin yuan because of A-Heng. She had also heard that the matriarch had been laying in bed and crying about how A-Heng had died too soon. Although it was possible that it was the pain that caused her to miss Feng Yu Heng, she had heard the matriarch speak after the meeting with Bu Cong on their way back "Others are affectionate and loyal, what about you?"

She took a step forward and pulled out a stack of medical plasters from her sleeve: "This was found left behind in A-Heng's medical storage room. This is all that remained. This is the medical plaster I have seen A-Heng give you in the past. Mother-in-law, use them for now. Either way, they can last for a while, and hopefully they will improve recovery speed."

Upon seeing these medical plasters, the matriarch was even happier than if she saw money, as both her eyes lit up. She quickly received the medical plasters then said with tears in her eyes: "Have you been well in Tong Sheng pavilion? Has the manor mistreated you? Now that I am sick and can not get up, it would not do for there to be people who are willing to bully you." She spoke while glaring at Han shi.

This glare caused Han shi to feel wronged "Mother-in-law! This concubine wants to go visit Tong Sheng pavilion, the problem is can I enter? Do not push all of the blame for problems on me!"

"Did I not say I never want to see this worthless woman again?" The matriarch looked at Feng Jin Yuan, "Why have you brought her here again?"

Recently, Feng Jin Yuan also began to hate Han shi. This woman previously had an appearance that was pleasant, but that suddenly changed for some reason. Furthermore, she became more and more of an eyesore. Today, however, Han shi had to come.

He was about to give the matriarch and explanation, but he then heard the matriarch say while holding Yao shi's arm: "Have you sent people to continue searching for A-Heng? I have a feling that she did not die. Such a diligent girl, how could she die in a fire?"

This was the one thing Feng Jin Yuan hated to hear the most. He immediately cleared his throat and interrupted the matriarch "Mother, an imperial decree came from the palace."