Repaying Debt

Feng Yu Heng felt that she had been slightly favoring the people of Feng manor recently. It had been many days since she last caused them any headaches. A flame flickered to life in her heart, while she waited for the group to sit down before she said: "Why is concubine mother Han's face swollen? There also seems to be blood on your forehead Did you get in a fight with someone?"

Han shi's nose nearly became crooked in anger.

Doing something as classless as getting in to a fight with others was something only Chen shi dared to do. Regardless of how bad she was, she knew to consider her and Fen Dai's face. But this face... she had done her best to avoid being spotted, but she was still unable to avoid being detected by Feng Yu Heng's eyes.

She helplessly explained: "I did not. It was because of my carelessness at night that I bumped something."

"Oh." Feng Yu Heng looked pensive, "It's understandable for the forehead, but to make the entire half of your face swell from bumping into something. Concubine mother Han really is unique."

The matriarch felt Feng Yu Heng had been speaking in a strange voice but did not think too much about it. She simply glared at Han shi and said: "How old are you that you can still bump into things at night. Did Feng family not provide you with a servant to take care of you at night?"

Han shi quickly stood up and replied to the matriarch: "It was all this concubine's fault for being careless. Mother-in-law has been too concerned about it."

The matriarch rolled her eyes. How could she put forth any energy to thinking about a concubine.

Han shi saw that the matriarch was no longer speaking, so she quickly sat back down in her chair, her head sinking even lower.

At this time, Feng Chen Yu stood up and took a box from a maidservant's hands, giving it to the matriarch: "Grandmother, the money second sister wanted, granddaughter has acquired it from maternal uncle. In here is two hundred thousand taels in bank notes. I invite grandmother to take a look."

Hearing these words, the matriarch's eyes lit up. The money had arrived. The majority of which belonged to her!

Quickly having granny Zhao receive the box, she opened it up and counted. There was not a penny more nor less, it was precisely two hundred thousand taels.

The matriarch nodded, "Un, Chen Yu, you have done very well on this matter. You must remember, you are, at your core, a daughter of the Feng family. No matter how wealthy that Chen family is, they are still just a merchant family. Your future fate is controlled by the Feng family, so everything you do should place the Feng family first."

Chen Yu bowed: "Granddaughter will remember it."

Feng Yu Heng raised the corner of her mouth and said: "Grandmother is right. This is the Feng family's money. It was not A-Heng who wanted it from the Chen family."

The matriarch put on an act and had granny Zhao send the box of bank notes to Feng Yu Heng and said: "A-Heng, in the end, this is money that was earned by your shops, thus you should manage it!"

Feng Yu Heng pushed granny Zhao's hand in a well-behaved manner, saying: "Of this two hundred thousand, fifty thousand will be given to third sister to help with her dowry. The remaining amount will be grandmothers. Of course, father's portion will be passed over to grandmother. There will be no need for A-Heng to handle it."

The matriarch was very content with Feng Yu Heng's understanding of wealth. Like holding a baby, she held the box and very reluctantly handed fifty thousand in bank notes to granny Zhao to give to An shi.

An shi quickly kowtowed towards the matriarch and thanked her for her grace. At the same time, she also thanked Feng Yu Heng.

When Han shi saw this from the side, her eyes turned bright red from envy. She could not help but secretly blame Feng Fen Dai in her heart. If it were not for her nonsensical screams that day, there would also be a portion of the bank notes that went to her from that box! Now, the money was gone and replaced by a pair of old shoes. Fen Dai had even thrown a tantrum at her. She felt that there really was no justice.