I Will Swap County Princess for a Divorce Document

Nobody thought that Feng Yu Heng would actually dare to negotiate with the Emperor. She actually wanted to swap the graces she received?

Princess Xiang felt that Feng Yu Heng had lost her mind and wanted to say a few words of advice, but she then heard the Emperor ask: "You don't like the title of county princess? Then what do you want?"

Feng Yu Heng stood up, raising her head to look at him. After a long period of silence, she finally said: "A-Heng wants to get a mutual divorce document for my mother, Yao shi."

"What?" Princess Xiang exclaimed: "Younger sister, what nonsense are you saying?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "I haven't said anything ridiculous. In our Da Shun, there is such a thing as mutual divorce. A-Heng's mother is not living happily. A-Heng wants to acquire a mutual divorce document and hope that father Emperor will fulfill it." She kowtowed deeply, not rising for a long time.

The Emperor looked at her for a long time without speaking. Even he did not think Feng Yu Heng would actually bring up such a request. After hearing she wished to change the grace, he began guessing at what the girl would want; however, he did not think that she simply wanted her mother's freedom.

A silence enveloped Zhao He hall. It was so silent that the beating of one's heart could be heard. Feng Yu Heng continued to kneel without making a sound, as she quietly waited for the Emperor to accept or refuse.

In reality, she did not know how this would turn out. After all, although the concept of divorce existed in Da Shun's laws, in her research, she had not found a single successful mutual divorce. After all, mutual divorce was too damaging to the man's reputation. They would rather take in a concubine before discussing the mutual divorce of a first wife, let alone casting away one's wife.

Recently, though Yao shi was one of Feng Jin Yuan's concubines, she had previously been the Feng family's formal and legal wife. All of the documents were still in the government offices. It was impossible to deal with her like a true concubine of the Feng family. If she wanted to separate, a mutual divorce was the only option.

Feng Yu Heng was taking a gamble. Whether the Emperor agreed or declined, both were possible. If she won this bet, Yao shi would win her freedom. If she lost this bet, she feared that there would not be another chance to leave the Feng family in this lifetime.

She waited quietly, needing every bit of patience she had, as she waited a full ten minutes before the Emperor finally spoke: "Forget it, I will give you the title of county princess and award you with a mutual divorce document!"

For some reason, tears leaked from Feng Yu Heng's eyes. She was so choked with emotion that her shoulders trembled, as she remained knelt on the ground.

Princess Xiang went up and quietly comforted her: "Don't cry. I am also clear on the matters of the Feng family. This is a good thing. Since father Emperor has agreed, this should be a happy matter."

Feng Yu Heng nodded and wiped her tears. Like a little child, she suddenly began smiling once more. She then faced the Emperor and loudly said: "A-Heng thanks father Emperor for the support!"

The Emperor angrily snorted, pretending to be angry; however, looking at the changes in this girl's emotions, he could not stop himself from laughing. He waved his hand and called for Zhang Yuan "Write it up!"

For Feng Yu Heng, a weight had finally been lifted from her mind. As for the Feng family at this time, they were in yet another mess. This time, it was because a crowd of civilians had crowded around the Feng manor's gates.

"Second young miss was honest and kind. She saved the lives of others, but now she has died a tragic death, yet the Feng family will not even allow us to pay our respects. Isn't this going too far?"