Xuan Tian Ming, Take Care of the Mosquitoes

Xuan Tian Ming's question caused Feng Yu Heng to freeze.

Who did she learn it from? She learned it from an officer in the Marine Corps back in the 21st century.

But could she say such things?

She obviously could not.

"That..." She picked up a branch from the ground and drew a circle, "I thought of it myself."

"Feng Yu Heng, your ability is great and your courage is not lacking either, huh?"

"... I learned it from an expert who was secluded in the mountains. Un, it was that Persian eccentric that gave me those unique medicines and odd medical tools." She had found a root, "You also know this. That eccentric's things are all very odd."

Xuan Tian Ming agreed with this point. Also, even if he wanted to refute it, there was nothing he could refute.

From the day he returned to the capital, he had had Bai Ze investigate this girl. The results only showed up to three years ago, from the time of her birth to when she was nine years old. The three years that followed were an empty slate.

She lived in a small village in the mountains of the Northwest. Everyday, she would go looking for medicinal herbs in the mountains. What sort of people she met and what sort of experiences she had, nobody would know.

Xuan Tian Ming suddenly felt a pang of regret and subconsciously said: "Actually, when you were in the northwest, I was also engaged in battle over there. If I could have entered those mountains a day earlier, would I have been able to meet you a day earlier?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "There was only that one day that you could have met me. That is life."

He automatically understood her meaning as "This was arranged by life." However, he did not know her actual meaning was: Even if you met me a day earlier, that was not actually me.

"That's right." He remembered an important matter, "The employer behind the groups of assassins from Yama's Palace has been found. It's the Chen family's third master, Chen Wan Liang. The Feng family's eldest young miss has been in contact with Chen Wang Liang frequently, so she should have knowledge of all the plans. She was the one who colluded with Chen Wan Liang."

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "I had also thought of this. My mother's granny Sun had a problem, so I had Ban Zou go investigate overnight. He discovered that granny Sun's only granddaughter is Chen Wan Liang's ninth-ranked concubine."

"You absolutely must be careful." He did not truly believe that anyone of the Feng family had the ability to harm Feng Yu Heng; however, if they acted against the people around her, then that would be difficult to prevent. "I will not be leaving tonight. I will protect you until you return to the capital tomorrow."

She raised her head and looked at the profound eyes under the mask. Sitting on this sort of mountain peak, it was like the time they met in the mountains of the northwest. She waited with him for Bai Ze to bring the older doctor out of the mountains. At that time, the two had also sat on the ground. Except at that time, his body had been severely injured, and she was filled with curiosity towards the many unknowns of this world.

"In truth, I really like the big mountains of the northwest." She told him: "Compared to the capital, I prefer the simple life of the village. You were the first person I met, although the meaning is different."

He still could not understand the things she was saying, but he could see the dedication in her eyes.

"If there is a chance, i will bring you back there." This counted as a promise. "Let's go." He saw her reach out her hand, "The wind is cold. Return to your room and sleep."