The Seed Determines the Fruit

Feng Yu Heng also saw Xiang Rong, but her nose was sharp and also caught the scent of something fragrant.

Her gaze was immediately drawn towards the food container that the servant was carrying, "What good foods did you bring?"

Wang Chuan reminded her: "You just said that you would only eat a boiled egg."

"That was for breakfast. I never said anything about snacks." Feng Yu Heng came up with an excuse for herself, "Xiang Rong, could it be that concubine mother An made desserts again?" Concubine mother An was very skilled in making desserts. Not only did she enjoy eating them, Yao shi and Zi Rui also liked eating them.

Seeing that she liked them, Xiang Rong was very happy. Taking the food container, she gave Feng Yu Heng a look: "There are mung bean pastries, hibiscus pastries and osmanthus-filled pastries. There are also the peanut shortbread that Zi Rui loves."

Feng Yu Heng was very happy, "Concubine mother An is great." She really wanted to place a mung bean pastry in her mouth immediately, but seeing Wang Chuan look at her with a supervisor's look, she thought a little then retracted her extended arm. "Wang Chuan, take these to my mother and Zi Rui. Do not forget to leave some more of the mung bean pastries for me." She then reached out and grabbed Xiang Rong: "Sister asks you, what do you do when you're bored in your courtyard."

Xiang Rong pondered a little, "Just a bit of needlework. Recently, I have been helping concubine mother sew handkerchiefs."

"Can you wake up early?"

Xiang Rong did not understand what she meant, "How early?"

"At daybreak."

"Why get up that early?" Xiang Rong did not understand, "Is there something wrong with second sister?"

Feng Yu Heng shook head, "There's nothing wrong. Just a bit of exercise. If you can wake up, then come over. We can exercise together. Big sis will teach you martial arts, do you want to?"

Hearing these words, Xiang Rong became happy and repeatedly nodded her head, "Yes yes! I do have high hopes of becoming very powerful, being more physically active is enough for me."

Feng Yu Heng vouched for it, "That's most definitely possible. Then we will do it like this, starting tomorrow, right at daybreak, you will come to Tong Sheng pavilion and run with big sis."

Just like that, she found herself a partner. Even after Wang Chuan returned from delivering desserts, the two sisters were still discussing their plans for the day after.

Wang Chuan listened to the pair and found it funny. Their family's young miss was still a child. Children always needed to find a partner.

However, she did not know that Feng Yu Heng only partially wanted to find a partner. More importantly, she wanted to give Xiang Rong some more abilities to settle her life. She did not have hopes that Xiang Rong would truly learn any martial arts, but being stronger than other women was not a bad thing.

In this Feng manor, there were not many people who Feng Yu Heng was close to. Originally, she did not feel particularly close to this little sister, but every time she saw her, the memories of the body's original owner would rise up uncontrollably. The memories of their childhood would flash in her mind repeatedly. Xiang Rong had a very cute and round appearance like a little steamed bun. She could see the little steamed bun following behind her, wanting to speak but not daring to get tangled on her own words.

Thinking back, the body's original owner liked this little sister, but as a child, she did not know how to express this. In addition, the Feng family's daughter to the first wife and daughter to a concubine followed different rules. This put a distance between the two children who should have been able to play together.