The Ninth Prince's Betrothal Gift

"What?" The matriarch, Feng Jin Yuan and Chen shi simultaneously exclaimed. Even the extremely steady An shi was shocked.

Feng Yu Heng blinked a few times. What was this imperial king business?

An shi looked at Feng Yu Heng and saw that she clearly did not understand. She whispered to her: "Two years ago, the ninth prince left on his expedition. At that time, the Emperor conferred upon him the title of Grand Marshall, and he also inherited the title of Prince Yu1.

She purposefully did not hide what was said, as such, the words were heard by Chen shi. She sourly responded: "So what if he inherited the title. Now that he can't even have a child, who will take him."

An shi frowned, she had no intention of wasting words with Chen shi. She immediately stopped talking.

Feng Yu Heng understood at last. So that person was Prince Yu! She turned around and faced Chen shi and smiled, "Is mother protecting A-Heng from being taken advantage of? A-Heng thanks mother for her concern."

Chen shi rolled her eyes and wanted to tell her not to suffer from an unrequited love, but she was stopped by Feng Chen Yu.

"Grandmother, father, mother, we should quickly go to the front yard to take a look!" Chen Yu reminded everyone. Thus everyone in the room moved towards the front yard.

On the way, Feng Yu Heng pulled An shi and quietly asked: "What is the ninth prince's full name?"

An shi thought about it, "I think it was Xuan Tian Ming."

"Xuan Tian Ming." She made a note of it. "It sounds pretty good."

As the group of people reached the front yard, they saw the housekeeper, He Zhong, speaking obsequiously to an elderly woman.

That elderly woman wore a brown, imperial outfit. She was tall and had an extraordinary temperament. She stood alone and was not someone the housekeeper of the Feng manor could afford.

Watching He Zhong speak while smiling in extreme delight, the elderly woman continued to observe what was before her. Her lower jaw slightly raised, she did not pay attention to a single word he said.

Seeing this person, how could the Feng family matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan not know her identity. At the ninth prince's side there was only one granny, Zhou shi. She was a royally appointed lady.

This Zhou shi was not married. Not only did she look after the ninth prince, she had been a personal attendant to imperial concubine Yun from a young age. Even more, when the ninth prince was two years old, she had risked her life to rescue the ninth prince from a huge fire that broke out in imperial concubine Yun's room. Doing this, she preserved the royal bloodline.

Not here to discuss the well-being of the ninth prince, lady Zhou was someone that the Emperor considered valuable. There would often be imperial decrees to call her to court.

Since lady Zhou had personally come to deliver betrothal gifts, everyone could not help but take a few looks at Feng Yu Heng, each of them developing their own ideas.

Feng Jin Yuan took two steps and arrived in front of lady Zhou. He raised his hands and greeted her: "I did not know that the lady would personally come to the manor. Excuse me for not going out to welcome you, I hope the lady will not blame me."

The Feng family matriarch, with others supporting her stiff waist, also arrived. She wanted to greet her, but her waist simply would not allow her to. She tried for quite some time, but still could not complete a bow.

Lady Zhou had gotten used to seeing many different scenes, and naturally would not fuss over an elderly woman. She lightly said: "Elder lady's body is not well, no need to be over-courteous."