Why Show Sympathy for a Measly Second Rank Official?

Hearing the familiar voice, Feng Yu Heng's lips curved into a charming arc. This voice also caused the hearts of the Bu family to sink to the lowest point possible.

The ninth prince, Xuan Tian Ming, why had he come?

The members of the Bu family never thought that the ninth prince would come offer condolences because Lord Bu's death was very directly related to his imperial concubine mother. No matter who came, he could not come.

But there was someone who did not act according to common sense. The more they should not come, the more likely they would come.

There was nothing that Bu Bai Qi could do. Leading the rest of the Bu family, he knelt towards the palace carriage. Leading the way, he said: "Greetings to your Highness, Prince Yu."

The curtain of the carriage was lifted and a wheelchair flew out. Seated impressively on this wheelchair was Xuan Tian Ming in his purple robes and golden mask. Following him off the carriage was a young man in a light-colored robe. This was the seventh prince, Xuan Tian Hua.

Bu Bai Qi added a few more words: "Long live his Highness, Prince Chun."

The members of the Bu family repeated this in unison. The Bu matriarch's heart was in her throat. Intuition told her that these two princes definitely had not come to offer their condolences.

But at this time, Bu Bai Qi had already begun speaking "Having your Highnesses come to offer condolences is truly our Bu manor's good fortune."

Xuan Tian Ming furrowed his brow and let out a questioning sound: "Hm?"

Feng Yu Heng watched this scene in amusement, her eyes falling on the purple robes Xuan Tian Ming was accustomed to wearing. With such an appearance, how could he have come to offer his condolences. It seemed like the Bu family was like Feng Chen Yu. They liked to take things for granted.

Xuan Tian Ming's question froze Bu Bai Qi. He did not understand what Xuan Tian Ming meant, but he did not dare ask. He could only stay put and remain silent.

It was Xuan Tian Hua that gave an explanation: "Lord Bu has made a mistake. This prince and ninth brother were going to the military barracks on the outskirts of the capital and just happened to be passing by here. Hearing that younger sister had come with the elderly madam Feng to offer her condolences, we decided to come to take a look."

Bu Bai Qi's forehead was covered in a cold sweat, as he told himself he had said too much. The more he said, the more mistakes he made.

Xuan Tian Ming also spoke up, still using the same mysterious voice: "It is a good thing this prince came over. Otherwise, wouldn't our Heng Heng be bullied to death by you?" As he spoke, he waved to Feng Yu Heng. She walked forward and placed her small hands in his large hands. Xuan Tian Ming asked head imperial concubine Bu: "Bu Bai Ping, could it be that you find lying down like this uncomfortable and want to lie down with your eyes closed?"

Feng Yu Heng nearly laughed out loud and quickly lowered her head. She thought that for better or worse, she should leave some face for the Bu family.

Lying down with closed eyes, was that not just a dead person.

The dignified head imperial concubine had been rendered speechless by his remark. Xuan Tian Ming, however, added: "This prince can fulfill that desire."

Bu Bai Ping's face blanched in terror. She still remembered how Xuan Tian Ming had whipped the Emperor's favored concubine to death. That whip truly was ruthless, as he said it without even blinking.

Even more frightening was how the Emperor did not say even a single word of reprimand. Instead, he hastily dispatched people to carry that favored concubine out and had her buried. The favor he showed in the past was as fleeting as a cloud. Even that favored concubine's family was implicated. Of that clan of 45, not a single one survived.