Heng Heng, Come Here

"Mother!" Just as Chen shi's spoon was about to touch her lips, she was suddenly stopped by Chen Yu.

Chen shi was startled. When she raised her head, she happened to see that Chen Yu had an anxious and worried appearance. She could not help but comfort her, saying: "Good daughter, do not worry. Your uncles will not let Feng Yu Heng off. She definitely will not live to be married off at fifteen!"

Feng Chen Yu's mind was in turmoil for a while. She became conflicted, as she desperately hoped this mother would no longer be a stone that she would stumble over; however, when Chen shi went to drink the soup again, she stopped her: "Daughter just remembered that I forgot to add salt to the soup. Mother, please wait for a while before drinking. Daughter will go prepare another bowl." Quickly taking the bowl from Chen shi's hands, she escaped from the room.

Chen shi had yet to understand what had just happened, but she simply watched Chen Yu's figure disappear, saying: "My dear daughter, all of the good things in this world should belong to you. All of mother's wealth, all of it is to be left to you."

That night at around 9, Ban Zou returned.

He placed something before Feng Yu Heng's eyes, and Feng Yu Heng picked it up to inspect. It was an old hairpin.

"That granny has a fifteen year old granddaughter. She is the Chen family's third master's ninth concubine. This servant retrieved one of her hairpins. Its appearance is old and seems to be from her past."

Feng Yu Heng nodded. So it really was like that.

She just felt that granny Sun's betrayal must have had some sort of reason; otherwise, how could she change sides in just three years. She had followed Yao shi over as a dowry from the Yao family, after all.

But granny Sun hid her own granddaughter very well. She had raised her to the age of fifteen, yet Yao shi did not know about it.

She handed the hairpin back to Ban Zou and toldhim: "Tonight, deliver that hairpin to granny Sun."

"Understood." Ban Zou nodded. He seemed to still want to say something, but his expression suddenly changed, as he said: "His Highness has come." Finishing these words, his body swayed, as he vanished.

Feng Yu Heng froze from shock on the spot. Wang Chuan pushed her while smiling: "Ban Zou said that his Highness has come. Young miss, quickly go out and see."

Finally reacting, she quickly got up and ran a few steps towards the door before stopping. Turning around, she asked Wang Chuan: "Are my clothes ok?"

As soon as these words left her mouth, she looked down upon herself. When exactly did that man with the purple lotus flower on his forehead catch hold of her heart?

Perhaps there would never be an answer to this question, but her heart knew that it was the first night she arrived in this world. It was when she waved farewell that her heart began to feel reluctant to leave.

"No matter what you wear, it looks good." A voice came from the back window, but before she could turn around, she covered her mouth and smiled.

Following the sound, she turned to look through the window. Under a tree that was not far away, there was a man wearing a purple robe and sitting in a wheelchair. As before, he had a golden mask covering his face. She, however, could immediately see the purple lotus flower through the small opening.

"Heng Heng, come here."

This voice seemed to have some magical power, tempting Feng Yu Heng over to the window. Gliding through the window, she lifted her dress and ran over.