Personal Betrothal Gifts

If Prince Yu truly valued this marriage, then how could he give such shabby betrothal gifts? The eunuch's singing made them almost want to hide their faces. The main entrance to the Feng manor was wide open, with many people listening from outside. This joke had become a big matter, they feared that rumors would have circulated all around the capital in under a day. How could the Feng manor show itself in public after that?

Finally, the eunuch finished his song, and the gifts had been carried in to the yard.

Feng Jin Yuan's face was pitch black. The matriarch was so mad that she needed two servants to help her stand. Chen shi, however, did not seem too bothered. If Prince Yu had acted in this way, then they couldn't be blamed how they would treat Yao shi and her children. It was time for those that still believed Yao shi to be the head wife of Feng manor to wake up.

Just when everyone thought this face losing charade had come to an end, lady Zhou spoke once more: "That is all of the betrothal gifts to the Feng manor. The following are personal betrothal gifts from his Highness Prince Yu for the future Princess Yu."

The crowd erupted again!

What was a personal betrothal gift?

Who invented this kind of idiotic thing?

The matriarch's stiff waist couldn't stop trembling. Feng Jin Yuan's darkened face distorted, and even Chen shi was baffled.

Feng Yu Heng was also dazed. What sort of thing was a personal betrothal gift?

Lady Zhou's face was stoic, as she looked around at everyone in the Feng manor. Feng Yu Heng could see a hint of contempt in her gaze.

"Prince Yu declared that the treatment and upbringing of Feng manor's second young miss is only worth this much. The 3000 taels of white silver is actually quite a bit more than planned. If investigated, the Feng family's treatment of the second young miss does not even come close to that amount."

The meaning was clear, the ones who raised the Feng family's daughter will understand in their hearts that giving 3000 taels is considered favorable.

Lady Zhou raised her hand and a maidservant brought another betrothal gift list over. This time, lady Zhou handed it directly to Feng Yu Heng- "This is his Highness Prince Yu's personal betrothal gift to the second young miss. Second young miss, please take a look."

Feng Yu Heng received the list and looked. All she saw was an incredibly long list that was filled densely with words. The sheer amount of items caused her to feel dazed.

Lady Zhou did not wait for her to finish reading, as she raised her hand. The eunuch once again opened his mouth- "Please bring in the personal betrothal gifts from his Highness Prince Yu for the second young miss of Feng family!"

After these words were proclaimed, another group of people started to bring wooden chests covered in red silk in to the manor.

"His highness Prince Yu bestows upon the second young miss of Feng family: one piece of glass-type jadeite cabbage1, one pair of white jade treasure vases, one pair of Jiulong jade cups, a pair of luminous pearls from the East Sea, a topaz Buddha's fingers flower pot, a pair of coral pixiu2, one scenic malachite table plaque, one octagonal, gold-plated, gem-covered, hollow, floral box, one light-green jade bonsai with daffodils, a pink quartz hairpin, an auspicious hairpin, a butterfly tassel hairpin, a white-peacock hairpin, a five-colored jade hairpin, one exquisite pearl hairpin, one pair of golden bracelets with small bells, one pair of pure gold bracelets, one pair of jadeite bracelets, one pair of white jade bracelets of the eight immortals, one pair of golden-wire bracelets, a set of eighteen golden bracelets handcrafted by Persian craftsmen..."