Feng Chen Yu Causes an Uproar

Because of these words, Feng Yu Heng looked around the yard some more. The evaluation she ended up giving was: Tasteless! Too tasteless!

It seemed that the Ding An palace was also lacking in artistic taste. The appearance was completely tasteless and should not be looked at. It would be fine if it were just ugly flowers and lousy trees, but the colors were not at all coordinated. Bright red and bright pink were put together. No matter how she looked at it, her head ached. It was also unknown what this garden looked like previously, as they had said that it used to be much prettier. The fire Xuan Tian Ming started was a little too big.

Mentioning the ninth prince, someone immediately jealously looked at Feng Yu Heng. Her face had a fawning look, as she said: "Second young miss Feng really has good fortune. The day the ninth prince sent gifts to the Feng manor, everyone in the capital heard about it. I heard that the ninth prince gifted second young miss a residence?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded but remained silent.

Another person said: "It's merely a residence. What could that be worth. I heard that in the betrothal gifts, there were the five treasures: moon palace silk, refined cloud silk, heavenly gauze, commoner's brocade and smokey silk gauze! Furthermore, it wasn't just one bolt, there were many!"

Every girl was the same, they all liked beautiful fabrics. Hearing mention of the five treasures, all of them stared blankly.

Feng Yu Heng did not want to talk with them too much about her betrothal gifts, so she took the initiative and spoke up, bringing the conversation back to the previous topic: "You said that this garden was rebuilt after being burned down. The Ding An palace was burned down for no apparent reason, yet they were not unhappy?"

A daughter of the first wife to a supposed fourth rank official had some inside information and spoke up: "Of course they were unhappy! That year, Lord Ding An very angrily entered the imperial palace and directly filed a complaint against the ninth prince to the Emperor's face."

"How did the Emperor react?" A curious person asked.

The fourth ranked official's daughter continued: "The Emperor said to Lord Ding An, you can not even take care of a palace, yet you dare come to Our place and complain?"

"Hahaha!" These words made everyone present laugh. Feng Yu Heng also laughed with them.

"There's more, there's more!" The young miss saw that everyone was joining in, so she also felt spirited, "Because of these words from the Emperor, after Lord Ding An returned, he ordered for many imperial guards to protect the palace. Apparently there are a few hundred of them! The Emperor then punished him for the crime of having a private army."

Pft!

This time, Feng Yu Heng spewed while laughing. She finally knew who Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Ge got their personality from. It seemed to be hereditary!

On their side, they chatted and laughed boisterously, while in the opposite corridor, Feng Chen Yu was talking face to face with Qing Le about something. Feng Yu Heng looked over and saw Chen Yu standing outside the corridor with her arms wrapped around herself. She had clearly started feeling cold.

Thinking about it, it was the beginning of Autumn. Standing in the sun was fine, but standing in the shade was really cold. Yet, for the sake of looking pretty, Feng Chen Yu wore clothes made with a thin fabric and her collar was opened wide. Who knew what Qing Le was saying, as she continued endlessly, seemingly without any intention of letting Chen Yu leave.

Xiang Rong tugged at Feng Yu Heng's sleeve and quietly asked: "Second sister, they all came to celebrate Princess Ding An's birthday. Is conversing about them behind their back ok?"