Their Own Servants

Seeing Feng Yu Heng receive the silver, An shi finally relaxed a little. She had no intention of currying favor, as she had prepared this silver yesterday. She had not anticipated that Prince Yu's contingent would come and deliver betrothal gifts, which made it seem as if she were trying to curry favor.

"Concubine mother, don't worry, A-Heng will be kind to third sister." Feng Yu Heng had no intention of promising An shi anything. She knew that for An shi, Xiang Rong's well being was what she cared most for.

Sending off An shi and Xiang Rong, Yao shi pulled Feng Yu Heng and asked her: "Do you remember the matter from that year of medicine being changed?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "I originally did not remember too much, but speaking with concubine mother An for a bit jogged up some memories from childhood."

Yao shi told her: "You concubine mother An is someone who is very understanding. When your mother was the head wife, she did not try to curry favor, and when the Yao family ran in to trouble, she did not kick me while I was down. Instead, when we were about to leave, she secretly hid some silver in to Zi Rui's collar."

"Good people will have good returns." She handed a cup of tea over to Yao shi, "Mother, drink some tea. There's no need to think too much. In a few days, we will move in next door, then there will be many things for mother to take care of."

Yao shi had been the family's head wife, and although her personality was a bit weak, taking care of a small courtyard was more than manageable. She immediately responded: "A-Heng, don't worry. You do not need to concern yourself with the miscellaneous matters of the family. As for Zi Rui, he should start learning rudimentary knowledge soon."

Only after she reminded Feng Yu Heng, did she remember, that's right, Zi Rui was still only six years old. He had reached school age."

"A-Heng has really been careless about this matter. It's good that mother has remembered it. But the current attitude of the Feng family still needs some improvement. Let's just wait and observe for a few days, then when we find an opportunity, we can bring it up with the manor."

As mother and daughter spoke, granny Sun came in with granny Zhao. Behind granny Zhao was an elderly woman and a group of female servants. Originally, it had been filled with betrothal gifts, but now that Willow courtyard had seen these people enter, it was truly filled to capacity.

Granny Sun brought granny Zhao around the various chests and arrived at the main hall with much difficulty. Granny Zhao's face sported a ridiculing smile. As she entered the room, she raised her voice to say: "Second young miss really is fortunate. Truly very fortunate!"

Feng Yu Heng snorted internally. Who was it earlier that, along with her master, did not even bother looking her in the eye?

"Granny Zhao's words, I am but a concubine's daughter, how do I have good fortune? All of the fortune in this manor are with my eldest sister and elder brother. Granny is older now, you should pay attention to the words you say."

Her words had rendered granny Zhao speechless. The old lady did not understand. It was clearly just some small talk, so why did the second young miss seem to not at all understand.

But she only dared to belittle her in her heart. Currently, she did not dare display even a hint of displeasure in the face of Feng Yu Heng. As a result, she smiled even more widely. Since she had no way to respond earlier, she could only gloss over it and directly change the subject- "This old servant has invited a famous servant merchant from the capital. I brought some girls for the second young miss to choose. Also, the matriarch ordered this old servant to go to the best ready-made clothing store in the capital to pick some clothes for the second young miss, the second young master and concubine mother Yao. The clothes were also brought along, second young miss, please take a look!"