She sees you cry for the first time

Demi was at the studio working on some new music. She asked you if you wanted to tag along with her but you said you would stay home instead and go with her next time.

7:30 pm rolled around and you were currently laying on the couch, flipping through tv channels. You decided to get on Twitter as you were getting bored and there was nothing very interesting on tv. As you scrolled through your feed you saw some pretty nasty tweets directed towards you. Some were just saying things like how you weren't good enough for Demi or that they didn't like you. But the more you scrolled down, the worse they got. The name-calling was worse. Tears filling your eyes. You felt horrible. Why did people hate you because you were dating Demi? She was happy with you. Why would people hate you for making her happy?

You jumped as you heard the front door open, Demi walking in. "Hey y/n. How was..." Demi trailed off as she saw the tears in your eyes, dropping her keys and phone on the counter and rushing over to you. "Y/n? What's wrong? Are you alright?"

"No Demi. I'm not. Your fans hate me. I don't know why. Why do they hate me?"

She sighed sadly as she knew this was bound to happen eventually. The hate. Her heart breaks as she watches you with tears in her eyes, just wanting to shield you from the world. She didn't understand how people who claimed to love her so much could hate you... someone who she loved so much. Who made her the happiest she's felt in so long.

"I'm not sure Y/N. I don't quite understand it either. But hey, look at me. You are the most amazing woman I know, I'm so in love with you. It'll be alright. We just have to keep living our lives, being happy and in love like we are now. It's not easy. I know. But I love you. And nothing anyone says could ever change that."

You were trembling. But nodded your head as you knew she was right.

"Thank you, Demi. I love you so much. God, I'm so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you."

She put her forehead against yours, looking deep into your eyes. You were so mesmerized at that moment that you forgot about all the negativity.

"Of course Y/N. That's what I'm here for. I love you." Demi smiled as she pulled you in close.

It was then that you realized how little people's opinions mattered. Demi loves you, you love her. And everything felt right at that moment. You then fell asleep in her arms from how content you felt.