You lose your engagement ring

You were still on cloud nine from last week when Demi proposed to you. It all felt so surreal and you were so excited. You woke up expecting to feel demi still sleeping next to you when instead you felt a piece of paper in her spot.
"y/n I had to go do a couple photoshoots and interviews today. I made you breakfast and I have a surprise for you later! I love you my beautiful fiancée! Be home soon!
Love, your soon to be wife, Demi." You smiled at the note and got up to go downstairs to eat the breakfast Demi had prepared for you.

After you ate you went back upstairs to brush your teeth. While climbing back upstairs you were going to fiddle with the ring on your finger when suddenly... it wasn't there. You looked down at your hand and realized your engagement ring was nowhere in sight. You started panicking, running back down the steps to search for it in the kitchen. When you didn't find it there you figured it'd be in your bedroom. You ran back upstairs to search for it but still, nothing. "Oh fuck! No no no! This can't be happening!" At that point you'd completely forgotten about brushing your teeth. You spent the next few hours running around searching for your ring. "It has to be here somewhere! It has to be!" You started hyperventilating and you'd finally checked everywhere. And the ring was nowhere in sight. You began pacing the bedroom floor and you went back to searching through drawers and under your blankets even though you'd already checked there. You were hoping it'd just pop back up or maybe you missed it when you looked earlier. Your room was a mess, the blankets all over the floor, drawers hanging out from the dresser and nightstand, your belongings all scattered across the room... and your heart dropped in your chest as you heard the front door close and Demi call out your name. You looked around the room and you couldn't believe the sight. You'd made such a huge mess and there was no way you could pass it off.

Demi walked into the room with a smile on her face that eventually faded away when she looked at the floor. "Um y/n? What happened? Did an avalanche come through our bedroom?" You giggled and bit your lip, shaking your head. You looked down at your fingers that were now shaking, your heart racing and your hands sweating. Demi was by you in no time. She took your hands in hers and kissed your fingers softly. "y/n what's wrong baby?" "You're gonna be so mad at me. I'm so sorry Demi! I... I lost my ring. I'm so sorry! I've looked everywhere and I can't find it anywhere!" You didn't know what to expect but you were shocked when Demi started laughing. "Uh Demi? Why are you laughing? Did you hear what I said? I lost my engagement ring that you gave me! That you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on? What's so funny?" "Princess calm down. I'm so sorry. Listen um... did you read my note earlier?" "Yeah." "Okay well do you remember I said something about a surprise?" You nodded your head and bit your lip hard. "I remember you said the ring was just a little loose. I know you said it was comfortable but I want the best for you. I know it wasn't loose enough to come sliding off your finger but I wanted it to be perfect so... I had it adjusted slightly to where it'd fit perfectly. To where it wouldn't be loose at all. I should've told you though! I'm sorry." You shook your head and laughed, smiling at how sweet your fiancé is. "Demi I said it was just a little loose. It wouldn't have slid off my finger, not even close. But that's sweet. You gave me a fucking heart attack, but it's still sweet." Demi laughed and grabbed your left hand in hers. Her hand reached into her pocket and pulled the ring out, she got down on one knee and you giggled to yourself. "y/n I'm sorry I made you think you lost your engagement ring, will you still marry me?" "Of course you silly goose. I'll always say yes to that question, in a heartbeat. I love you so much Demi." "I love you too princess." She kissed you passionately and slid the ring on your finger, a smile on her face as you nodded your head. "Well on the plus side it's not even a little bit loose anymore!" Demi laughed and placed her head on your shoulder as she grabbed your left hand in hers, kissing it sweetly and running one of her fingers over the ring. "I'm the luckiest woman in the world." She smiled as she kissed you again while her hands intertwined with yours. She loved the feeling of holding your hand with your ring on. It made her happy and gave her a sense of comfort, something she couldn't describe but something she loved so very much.