maybe melancholy

It had been an off day for you, you felt kinda sad but you weren't sure why. You weren't sure what you were feeling exactly or what was causing it but you knew you didn't want to get out of bed. You had pretended to be asleep when Demi left for the studio this morning, you didn't even have the energy to say 'I love you', you took the kiss on the forehead instead. You hadn't slept all night, you weren't tired and you weren't tired now even though all you'd done was lay in bed.

Demi arrived home from the studio early, she had texted and called you, left you voicemails and hadn't heard anything from you. So she came home early to check on you. She yelled out your name, hoping for some kind of response but nothing. She ran up the stairs and straight to your room to see you covered up with blankets. "Princess?" She walked slowly over to you and laid down beside you, placing a hand on your back and rubbing it. "Baby? Have you slept?" You shook your head and felt a tear slide down your cheek. "I didn't sleep at all last night and I haven't left the bed." She sighed softly and continued rubbing your back to soothe you as you began crying. "Why? What's wrong Princess?" "I don't know. I just feel sad and I don't know why. I feel anxious for some reason too, maybe that's the main reason I'm feeling this way but I don't know why I feel anxious either. I don't know why I feel this way. I just... do." She was looking deeply into your eyes and started stroking your cheek. "That's alright babe. You're just having an off day and that's alright. Just because you don't know why you're feeling the way you do doesn't mean it's not valid, it is. You're gonna be alright baby, I'll be right here where you need me, I'm not going anywhere, beautiful." She kissed your forehead softly as you laid your head on her stomach.

She began running her fingers through your hair as your eyes closed, a small smile appearing on her face as she realized.... you didn't need all the answers, you just needed her. To hold you and love on you, to appreciate you and buy you food, remind you to eat and take care of yourself. To remind you how beautiful you are and to treat you how you deserved to be treated. "Hey Demi?" "Yeah Princess?" "I'm sleepy." She giggled and nodded her head, kissing your face gently. "Good. Get some sleep babe." "Can we get Chinese food when I wake up?" A smile broke out on her face as she knew her girl was going to be alright. "Anything you want Princess". And with that you fell asleep, finding comfort in her arms, scent, and the sound of her heartbeat.