It's the little things

Demi was at home while you were at work. She had practically begged you to stay home today, she finally had a couple of days off and wanted to spend them with you but you insisted that you had to go to work and would spend tomorrow with her.

That day everything had seemed to be going wrong and to say you wanted to pull your hair out was an understatement. You texted Demi letting her know that you were leaving early because you were too stressed out but 10 minutes later and Demi had yet to reply. You found it a little odd but brushed it off and headed home looking forward to spending a couple of days of being lazy with your girlfriend. Where you could just cuddle, catch on some sleep, and watch some movies.

You pulled into your driveway and saw that all the lights in the house were off, but you were in shock when you opened your front door and saw the entire floor and staircase covered in candles and rose petals. 

You slowly walked up the stairs and into your bedroom but you had yet to see Demi. You saw the bathroom door was cracked open and opened it up, your hands going up to your mouth and tears welling up in your eyes when you saw Demi sitting on the counter with flowers, chocolates, and a teddy bear next to her. The bathtub full of steaming hot water, covered with some candles and rose petals all over the bathroom floor, and even seeing rose petals in the bathtub.

Demi smiled as she looked up and saw you. "Hey, pretty girl!" 

She jumped off the counter and walked over to you, putting her arms around you and bringing you into a warm hug, gently rocking you both back and forth in her arms.

"Demi? What is this?" You wondered while looking around in amazement.

"Oh. I thought you had a stressful day when I saw your text. When you said you were leaving early I knew something was up. I thought you'd need to relax." 

You couldn't help the tears from rolling down your cheeks, Demi wiping them away with her thumbs pressing a couple of small but sweet kisses to your forehead. 

"Demi... I don't know what to say. This is just too sweet. Thank you so much." You cried softly as she smiled and held you in her arms. 

"Of course baby girl, you deserve this. Now go have a nice long bath and relax." Demi said as she kissed your lips and walked out of the bathroom smiling.

An hour had passed and you felt so relaxed for the first time in a while. You got out of the bathtub and went into your shared bedroom where Demi was sitting on the bed with your little gifts and a smile on her face while there was a movie loaded up on the tv.

You smiled and changed into your pajamas then laying next to Demi on your bed. 

"Hey, babe. Do you feel better?" Demi asked and you nodded your head. 

"Yes. Thank you again, Demi. I love you." 

She smiled in response and leaned in to kiss you softly, holding your chin in her soft hands. She pulled away and let go of your chin, bringing her hands down next to your side and back up again, the flowers, chocolates, and teddy bear in her hands. You giggled as you took them gently from her and kissed her. Your memories of your bad day completely forgotten, and now focused on the woman you loved more than anything in your arms.

You laid in bed that night eating the chocolates Demi had gotten and feeding some to her from time to time and watching some of your favorite movies. You were so happy to just be able to spend time with her for a couple of days, looking forward to just being with her.