"I can't live without you"

Your relationship with Demi had become very rocky lately. She had been coming home later than usual and she wasn't her usual self with you lately, it caused you to become extremely worried and frustrated. You felt like you were drifting apart and the thought of it made your heart break. You were pacing the living room, it was 8am and Demi had yet to arrive home. She left in the evening hours yesterday and she didn't tell you what was happening or where she was going. This was so out of character for her, you felt like something was going on.

The front door opened and closed suddenly making you jump slightly. Demi walked right by you, barely acknowledging your presence. You felt like your heart was breaking in your chest and you had no idea what was going to happen next. Demi was in the kitchen getting some ice water, you walked in and cleared your throat making her turn around and roll her eyes. "We need to talk Demi." "Fine." She sat down at the table and you sat down across from her, you wanted so badly to reach across the table and take her hands in yours but you knew that wasn't an option right now. "What's going on with you Demi? You've changed. You're barely here anymore and when you are you treat me like shit. I don't know what's going on but you know you can talk to me, right?" "You wanna know what's going on y/n? I found someone else." Your heart shattered, tears filling your eyes. You couldn't stop them from falling. You couldn't hide the pain. "What?" "Yeah. I'm sorry but we both know this hasn't been working lately." "What did I do? Things haven't been that bad. You... you're with another woman?" She nodded her head and you stood up and began pacing the floor, tugging at your hair as the tears fell down your cheeks. Demi did nothing except go upstairs to grab some of her things, coming back down a few minutes later with a few bags and suitcases. "Bye y/n" ... And just like that she was gone.

It had been 2 months since Demi had left. You fell into a deep state of depression. You had been eating less, you didn't have much motivation for anything, you barely left your bed. Your friends would come over to check on you, especially Sirah. She walked into the bedroom... the one you used to share with Demi. She walked over to you, you were sitting at the edge of the bed, feet on the floor as you simply stared at the wall. "Y/N? Hey how you doing?" "How do you think I'm doing?" She paused for a moment, unsure of what to say next. It was breaking her heart to see you like this. She looked at you closer, observing how much weight you had lost. She was extremely concerned about you and felt like your life was fading away. "Y/N how long has it been since you ate?" "I don't know. Why does it matter anyways?" "It matters because you're making yourself ill. Y/N I know you loved Demi.." "love!" She paused and realized what she had said, nodding her head and taking a breath, she kept her eyes on the ground for a moment. "I know you love her, and it's so unfair to you what she did. But you still have to eat and take care of yourself." You shook your head and stood up, ready to storm off to another room when you began to feel dizzy. Sirah noticed immediately, watching your body sway from side to side. She was about to ask you what was wrong when your eyes rolled into the back of your head. She ran over to catch you in her arms in fear that you were gonna bust your head open by falling on the floor. She pulled her phone out to call 911 as you passed out, your body going limp in her arms.

Once Sirah knew you were stable in the hospital she walked to her car to drive to Demi's, prepared to give her a piece of her mind. She pulled into Demi's driveway, slamming her car door shut as she went and pounded on the door, continuing to knock loudly until Demi opened the door. "Sirah? What the hell is going on?" She stormed inside and gave Demi a dirty look. "You wanna know what's going on? Y/N is in the hospital." "What?" Demi's heart sunk in her chest. "Yeah she hasn't been eating, she's so depressed Demi. Because of what you did to her. Where's your other girlfriend anyways?" Demi sat down on the couch, her hands tangled in her hair as her eyes filled with tears. "We broke up." "Why?" Demi was silent for a moment before she spoke up again "because... because I'm still in love with y/n!" Sirah's eyes widened, her heart skipping a few beats as a small smile took over her face. "Why are you smiling? Y/N is in the hospital! Because of me, because of my stupid decisions!" "I'm smiling because I know y/n feels the same way." "Really?" Sirah nodded her head as Demi held back a smile. " God Sirah, I'm so stupid. I don't know why I did what I did, I just got caught up in her but she turned out to be the exact opposite of who I thought she was... the exact opposite of y/n..." she paused for a moment before she stood up. " Sirah, y/n is the only one I want. I realize that now. What hospital is she at? I have to see her! I have to talk to her, tell her how sorry I am, how stupid I am." "Come on. I'll drive." And at that they were rushing out of Demi's house and to the hospital.

Demi sat down next to you on a chair by the hospital bed, tears falling down her face as she saw the state you were in. You had lost so much weight from when she had last saw you. She could tell you hadn't been taking care of yourself. Demi grabbed your right hand in both of hers, bringing it up to her lips to kiss it softly. She missed that.. the feeling of your hands in hers. It was a feeling that soothed her, she felt like she could keep you safe when she was holding you and she knew it brought you comfort. Your eyes opened as you felt a few tears hit your hand. Looking over you saw Demi with her face buried in your hand, holding it tightly in both of hers. The sight broke your heart. Is this real? You felt like you were dreaming. You moved slightly, the movement causing Demi's head to shoot up, she stared at you before she leaned over and pulled you into her arms. She pulled away a few seconds later, both of you staring at each other. "What are you doing here Demi?" "Sirah gave me quite an earful... I fucking deserved it too. Y/N I'm so so so sorry! I don't know why I did what I did but it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Can you please forgive me?" You sat there silently, tears streaming down both your cheeks, your hand still in Demi's. You bit your lip and fought back a smile, wanting to crawl right into her arms but you had to be sure that she was serious.. you still had questions. "What happened to your other girlfriend?" "She was horrible y/n. I mean it, she was awful. I don't know why I fell for it.. her trap. But I did and I can't take that back even though I so desperately want to. I wish that I never met her, wish I could go back to the times where I held you in my arms and kept you safe. When I knew that you were okay and you weren't... sick. I'm so sorry princess. I can't live without you, I know I made a mistake but I swear I'll never ever leave your side again. Anywhere I go, I'll take you with me. I'd do anything for you. I'm so fucking sorry." You were both in tears at this point, you weren't quite sure how to respond so you just threw your arms around her, leaning in close to her, listening to her heartbeat and smelling her sweet perfume again. "It's gonna take some time to fix this... but I forgive you. I can't live without you either. I need you to hold me again. I miss you so much." Demi let out a breath of relief, feeling her heart rate increase at your words. "I love you y/n." "I love you too Demi." She kissed your lips, forgetting how good it felt to kiss you and soaking the feeling in again. "We're gonna get you healthy again baby, I'll be by your side every step of the way." "I can do it as long as I have you." She pulled you in for a hug. You laid back on the bed and patted the small space next to you. Demi climbed in next to you, the small bed forcing you to be even closer... just like you'd been craving for 2 months now. You placed your head on her chest and she kissed the side of your head as she rubbed your back. "Demi?" "Yes princess?" "Can we get some pizza?" She laughed at your words, a smile on her face as she nodded her head. There you were... the girl that Demi loves more than anything. She knew right then and there that you would be just fine, and she was going to do everything she could to be with you every second of every day and keep you safe.