Depression

Your phone vibrated once again, you glanced at it seeing Demi's name across the screen. She had called you 12 times already today and you wanted to answer so badly, but you couldn't. You couldn't move. You had no motivation to do anything, even something as simple as answering your phone.

Demi was worried about you of course but she was aware of your struggle with depression. She was extremely understanding of you, having dealt with it herself. She knew how you felt but seeing you struggle with it made her feel so bad. She knew there wasn't much she could do except hold you and tell you she loved you and that she needed you here.

She was at the studio today. It killed her having to leave you in the state you were in, but she didn't have a choice. She tried calling you, texting you, leaving voicemails- nothing. She was getting so worried about you and decided to call it a day, even though she had only been at the studio for a few hours, she didn't care. You were her biggest priority.

Pulling into your driveway and sighing to herself at the sight- no lights in the house were on. It barely looked like anyone was there. She opened the front door hoping to see you downstairs making yourself some lunch or on the couch watching your favorite show... but nothing. No lights were on, every curtain closed, no noise from a tv, no sign that you had even eaten anything. Her heart broke. She wanted to make you feel better. She took a deep breath before walking up the stairs, walking into your room to see you in the exact same position she had left you in this morning. You were laying on your side, staring at the wall and doing nothing. She sighed and walked over to you, laying next to you and carefully putting her hand on your back, rubbing it softly. You turned around to look at her, a smile appearing on her face seeing that you had finally moved even just a little. "Hey beautiful. Are you feeling alright?" She asked you softly, placing her other hand on top of one of yours, wanting so badly to just hold you and see you smile again. You just simply nodded your head. "y/n maybe we should get you in to talk to someone?" You looked up, your eyes looking anywhere but at her. "No. No Demi, I swear I'm alright." "No princess, you're not. And baby that's okay. We can get you in to see someone, get you to talk to someone. I just want to see you happy again baby girl. I miss the sound of your laugh and your happiness.
I know how you feel y/n, I do. That's why I'm trying to help you. I love you more than anything." A tear rolled down your cheek, you put your hands over your face trying to hide the tears but Demi pulled your hands away from your face and placed them in hers. "You're gonna leave me." "No! No baby girl, never. I swear baby, I'm not going anywhere. I just care about you. I just want to help you." You thought about it, looking up at Demi for reassurance and once you saw the sincerity in her eyes you nodded your head yes, realizing that you needed a professional to talk to, that you wanted to be happy again. You kissed Demi and pulled away a few seconds later, putting your head on her stomach and scooting your body closer to hers. You wanted to get better, to feel better and you knew you'd be able to get there as long as Demi was by your side.