insomnia

It was 3am and you had yet to fall asleep. Nights like these were unfortunately becoming more and more common for you. You tried to push through them without waking Demi but most of the time she'd wake up anyways, it was like she could sense you were unable to sleep. You turned your face to see Demi was still sleeping next to you so you decided to go downstairs and grab some water.

You were drinking it when you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist, demi's face in your neck. "Having trouble sleeping again Princess?" "Yes. I hate this, Demi. I don't know why I can't sleep. I have to be up in less than 5 hours and this has been happening for a week now. God I hate myself." "Princess don't say that. You're just having trouble sleeping, it'll happen eventually." "What if it doesn't though? What if I never sleep again? A human can only go 10 days without sleep before death." "Alright that's enough. No talking about death and babe, I would get you in to see someone to help you before something like that could even happen. Plus that's an unreasonable fear, you will fall asleep eventually. Now c'mon, back to bed we go" "but..." "no buts! Bed, now." "Bossy." She giggled and laid in bed next to you, holding you close to her, the sound of her heartbeat soothing you to sleep.