Coughing fits

You had been struck down with a cold for the past 3 days. You seemed like you were unable to shake it off no matter what you did. You'd taken so much medicine, gotten lots of sleep, and Demi was taking great care of you. But still you seemed like you couldn't get rid of it.

It was 1am, Demi was sleeping next to you and you were trying to fall asleep but suddenly you felt another cough building up. You groaned quietly, you knew exactly what was about to happen. One cough turned into a coughing fit where you'd sit and cough for a couple minutes, barely able to take a breath in. You sat up and pressed your back on the headboard, preparing yourself for what was about to happen. You started coughing and a couple seconds after you started, Demi woke up and was sitting up with you while she rubbed your back softly. This continued for about 3 minutes before you threw your head back with a groan. You were so miserable and wanted nothing more than to feel better. "You okay princess?" You shook your head and laid back down, putting your head on your pillow and shivering a little. Demi's hand was on your forehead, a frown on her face as she felt a fever was still there. "Do you need anything baby?" "Some water maybe?" "Of course. I'll be right back."

A couple minutes later she came back upstairs to your room with a glass of cold water, handing it to you and giving you a couple more pills. You took them and prayed that they would actually start working soon. She took the glass out of your hands and set it on your nightstand, covering you up with a few blankets on the bed and kissed your forehead softly as you finally fell asleep. She laid back down next to you and kissed your shoulder whispering an 'I love you princess' before she fell asleep too.