Meeting her mom for the first time

"Calm down y/n" Demi said as she saw you fidgeting witch your hands as you sat in the passenger seat on your way to meet her mom for the very first time. "I can't. I'm so nervous Demi. I just want her to like me. You mean so much to me and all I can think about is what if she doesn't like me? Or she doesn't think we're a good match together?" Demi pulled over on the side of the road when she heard you say that knowing you needed her reassurance at that moment. "Y/n I promise she's gonna like you. There's no way in hell that she couldn't. Baby girl, I'm so crazy about you and she's gonna love you because I love you. She's a wonderful woman. Trust me, everything is gonna be fine and I'm gonna be right next to you the whole time if you need me or you get too nervous" she said as her hand ran up and down your back. You nodded your head and smiled at her, knowing she was right. She was Demi's mom for goodness sake, of course she was gonna accept you guys being together.

10 minutes later and you guys arrived at the restaurant you were meeting her at. Your hands were shaking in Demi's as she held them rubbing circles on them with her thumb to comfort you. She walked over to a table where you saw a beautiful woman who stood up as you made your way over to her. That was Demi's mom for sure, you saw the resemblance. Demi hugged her mom but turned back to you a few seconds later. "Mom, this is my girlfriend y/n. Y/n, this is my mom. She's a little nervous mom" Demi giggled as she saw your hand shaking as you went to shake Demi's moms hand. "Oh don't be silly, dear. Come here" Demi's mom said as she pulled you in for a hug. You smiled as you pulled away introducing yourself properly "I'm y/n. It's so lovely to meet you ma'am!" "No sweetie, call me Dianna! It's lovely to meet you too, Demi's told me so much about you! I kinda feel like we've met already!" You all laughed as you sat down, Demi sitting next to you and Dianna sitting across from you two.

As time went on you forgot why you were nervous in the first place. Dianna was so nice and so friendly and so supportive of you and Demi together. You all laughed together and she asked you about your life and job, smiling when she heard the passion in your voice when you talked about your profession, your family, and Demi.

You were getting ready to go as it was getting late and you and Demi had a busy day the following morning. You hugged Dianna one last time as you went to use the restroom before you guys headed home. "Demi, oh my god. Baby I love her. She is the one honey. I can tell how much you guys love each other and the way you look at each other is full of such genuine love and appreciation for one another. This is the one Demi!" Dianna said as she pulled Demi in for a big hug. Demi laughed as she realized how much her mom loved you. As you said your goodbyes and headed home Demi couldn't help but replay her moms words in her head. "She's the one Demi". She kept repeating them in her head, looking over at you and smiling to herself as she saw you had fallen asleep. She realized at that moment how truly in love she was with you knowing in her heart that her mom was right.

You were the one.