She has a nightmare

You were sleeping lightly when you heard what sounded like sniffling coming from next to you. You rolled over groggily and sat up when you realized it was Demi and the sound was of her crying. "Demi? Baby what's wrong? Are you crying?" She was sitting up with her back against the headboard with her eyes closed, tears streaming down her face while her hands held onto the sheets tightly. She opened her eyes when she heard your voice and shook her head no. You pulled her into your arms, her head on your chest while you rubbed her back comforting her. She was still crying and you felt like your heart was actually breaking in your chest. "Demi tell me what's wrong".

"I had a nightmare. It was so horrible. The worst I've ever had. Y/n it was just awful. I'm so scared, it felt so real. Fuck it was just so scary". She kept crying and you kept trying to calm her down by continuing to rub her back and whisper sweet nothings softly in her ear. "Baby it's alright. I'm here Demi, I'm right here. You're safe, nothing is gonna happen. I'm here it's okay".

She snuggled further into you and you pulled the blanket on the bed up around the both of you, tucking her in to it. About 20 minutes later you heard her breathing slow down and saw that her eyes had closed. She was sleeping peacefully, finally. You kissed her forehead and cheek, closing your eyes as you fell asleep too. Feeling better knowing that Demi was asleep peacefully in your arms.