She's sick

Your eyes shot open, you quickly became confused as to why you were awake. Looking at the clock you saw it was 1:15am and you groaned a little, putting your hand over your face and rolling over, preparing to go back to sleep until you heard Demi groan loudly. You rolled back over immediately, anxiety washing over you and your mind jumping to worst case scenario. "Demi? Are you okay baby?" "No. y/n I feel so sick." Placing your hand on her forehead you realized that she had a fever, and a high one at that. "Stay here baby." "Wait where are you going?" She held onto your hand tightly, scared to let go. "I'm just going to the bathroom to get a thermometer I'll be back in just a second." You came back instantly putting the thermometer in her mouth frowning when it went off, seeing the screen read 102.7.

"Yep you're sick. My poor baby. Get some rest, if you need anything at all I'm right next to you and you can wake me up if you need me." You laid back down on the bed and pulled Demi's head onto your chest. You felt horrible, you hated seeing Demi sick or in pain. It hurt you seeing someone so beautiful and so kind get struck down by any illness or any kind of pain, it broke your heart. She looked so fragile, so soft. You wanted to protect her from the world, wishing you could just keep her in your arms, nurse her back to health and never let her go again.

When morning rolled around and you woke up, Demi was still sleeping with her arms tightly around your waist while her head was on your stomach. You smiled and ran your fingers through her hair, she just looked so innocent. You decided to get up and make her some tea and check her temperature again. You got up quietly, putting her head on a pillow and kissing her head. You walked down the stairs and made her some tea and grabbed her a granola bar from the cupboard, taking it upstairs and putting it down on the table on her side of the bed. You put your hand on her forehead and felt relief rush through you when you felt that her fever had gone down a bit. You grabbed the thermometer and put it in her mouth gently, hoping she'd still sleep through it which she did. She was so tired and unwell. When the thermometer beeped you pulled it from her mouth and prayed mentally that it was lower than last night, smiling when you saw that it was now 100.5. You rubbed her shoulder and kissed her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and she groaned a little but still, somehow even though she was sick, she smiled widely. "Hey gorgeous. How are you feeling?" "My throat hurts a little but I feel a little better than early this morning." "That's great Demi. Your fevers gone down. I made you some tea and grabbed you a granola bar in case you were hungry!" She giggled and nodded her head, sitting up and grabbing the tea from your hands, drinking it and feeling so pleased when the warmth hit her throat. "Good?" "so good y/n. Thank you." She then grabbed the granola bar and ate it quickly. After she finished it she pulled you down next to her and wrapped her arms around you. "Is there anything else you need Demi?" "No. I just need you next to me." "Of course babe. Go back to sleep, I'm right here."

When she woke up a few hours later her temperature was at 99.9 and she was feeling so much better, she still had a sore throat and a small fever but she had more energy. You felt relieved knowing it was just a little cold or something and Demi gave you so many kisses and cuddles as a thank you for taking care of her and being there for her to remind her that she was alright.