You have a nightmare

It was 2:30 am and you were waiting for Demi to get home from the studio. You were reading a book in bed trying to keep your eyes open when you suddenly heard a noise downstairs. Getting up to see what it was, you slowly walk down the stairs into the kitchen where you hear another noise. 

You peek around the corner and see a guy in a ski mask going through your kitchen and stuffing objects into a bag. You gasp in fear and the man looks at you, grabbing something from the bag. He started walking closer to you and you started running up the stairs screaming. You close your bedroom door and lock it, going to grab your phone from your nightstand and calling 911 when suddenly you heard a door close and alarm beep. You then realize it's Demi. The guy stops banging on your door and you immediately run and open it, trying to tell Demi that someone was in the house when you saw that the guy had grabbed Demi and had a knife to her throat. You started screaming and then you shot up in bed.

Demi was sitting next to you, holding your hand and a tear rolling down her cheek. You were drenched in sweat and burst into tears once you realized it was only a nightmare. You reached for Demi and you started to tremble.

"Shhhh y/n. It's alright. It was just a bad dream, it's okay. I'm here baby girl, I'm right here. You're safe, I got you. No one is gonna hurt you, I'm right here."

You started to calm down a little but still wouldn't let go of Demi. You looked over and realized it was almost 5:30 in the morning.

"Feeling better y/n?"

"Yeah. Yeah, Demi, I'm okay now."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked while rubbing your back and continuing to plant kisses on your forehead every now and then.

"No. No, I'm alright. I just wanna hold you."

A few minutes later you felt Demi's breathing starting to slow down and realize she's fallen back asleep. You meanwhile, couldn't get the horrible nightmare out of your head. You look back at the clock that now read 6:12 am. You decided to just stay awake.

You went downstairs, checking the door that was still locked and proceeded to make yourself some coffee. You decided to stay downstairs and watch some tv. You turned on friends and laughed quietly as Demi was still sleeping upstairs.

The next thing you knew it was 9:26 am. Demi walked down the stairs with a smile on her face when she saw you on the couch watching Friends.

"Hey, sunshine. You alright?"

"Oh good morning. Yeah, I'm fine."

Demi snuggled closer to you, her arms wrapping around you and putting her head on your lap.

"Do you wanna tell me what that nightmare was about yet babe?" Demi asked you. You sat silently, playing with her fingers and finally caved in knowing she was worried about you.

"It was so horrible. You were gone and someone broke in and I went downstairs to investigate. They chased me back upstairs. I tried calling 911 and then you got home and he killed you." The tears were rolling down your cheeks again. You looked into Demi's chocolate brown eyes as she grabbed your hand with hers and looked at you.

"It was just a dream baby girl. Nothing to be scared of. I'm not going anywhere. Besides no intruder would even try to hurt me. Or you for that matter. I'd kick their ass. They wouldn't stand a chance."

You laughed, realizing you were worried about nothing. Demi was right by your side, she would protect you and keep you safe at all costs.