Anxiety attacks

There were so many wonderful things about dating Demi like the feeling of feeling safe and loved unconditionally, but there were downsides too. They definitely didn't outweigh the great things but there were a couple, mostly involving her job and tonight you were really unhappy that her job made her unable to be next to you when you needed her the most. You had struggled with anxiety and depression for years and Demi always told you that you could confide in her whenever you needed. She was currently in New York for a concert tonight and your anxiety was taking quite a toll on you tonight, making you feel like the world was crashing down around you. You texted Demi asking her if she could you call you asap when her concert was done but it felt like it would never end. You were pacing the bedroom back and forth, you held your phone in one hand while you pulled onto your hair with the other. You were sobbing, barely able to catch your breath due to the fact that you were hyperventilating. You were praying that Demi would call soon. You needed to hear her soft, comforting voice and her loving words to get you out of your current state of mind.

Your phone started to ring and you answered immediately. Demi's soothing voice laced with worry as she asked you how you were. "Y/N? Baby what's going on? I got your text. Are you okay?" You shook your head and took a few shaky breaths as the tears continued to roll down your face. You then remembered she couldn't see you so you then let out a shaky "no". "Aww Princess are you anxious again?" "Yeah. Demi it's really bad tonight. I feel like everything is crashing down around me, like the walls are closing in on me. I can't breathe and I just... I feel like I'm dying." "Y/N listen to me okay? You're not dying baby. You're just having another anxiety attack, you'll be okay. Just sit down and focus on my voice alright?" You sat down and continued pulling on your hair as you continued to sob. "Baby listen to me. You're okay princess, I know I'm not next to you right now but I promise you that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, alright? I'll be right here until you feel better. I don't care if it takes all night baby. Okay? Keep listening to me, focus on me." You let out a few shaky breaths and bit your lip, trying to focus on Demi's voice. "Y/N everything's gonna be alright. Take a few deep breaths for me, in and out." You listened to her, closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing. "Y/N I know that you're anxious but I'll be back in a couple days, 2 more days and that's all. I'll be right by your side again to hold you and cuddle you. I won't let anything hurt you baby. You're not in danger, I'm not in danger. Everything is fine, you're fine. Just keep taking nice deep breaths and focus on me."

You continued to do as she said until you felt better, Demi also distracting you from your anxiety by talking to you about a vacation to your favorite place, taking you to your favorite restaurant when she gets back, and all the things you would do together when she gets back. In the end you felt so much better, able to end the conversation a couple hours later feeling so much better thanks to your incredible girlfriend.