You can't sleep

It was one of those nights where no matter what you did you couldn't get comfortable. One minute you were freezing then the next you were sweating. You were so tired yet you couldn't keep your eyes closed.

You looked over to see your girlfriend sleeping like a rock. Oh, how you envied her. You wished so much that you could just sleep. You had a busy morning that following morning. The more you thought about it, the more anxious that made you. You thought you were being quiet until you heard your girlfriend sigh

"Y/n? Why are you awake? It's 3:45 am."

"I know. I'm sorry Demi, I just can't sleep. I feel so tired but I just can't keep my eyes closed."

Demi sat up next to you on the bed. "Baby girl, I'm sorry. Here put your head on my lap."

You scooted closer to your girlfriend until there was no space left between you two. You put your head on her lap and then felt her fingers go through your hair, something she knew soothed you.

"Demi."

"Shhh y/n. Just close your eyes babe. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere. Just relax. You're safe with me."

You listened to her. Closing your eyes, hoping they would stay closed this time around. You felt her fingers going through your hair. One of her hands moved down to trace shapes on your stomach. You kept your eyes closed and felt yourself drifting off for the first time that night. Finally feeling at peace, content, comfortable, safe. Before you fell asleep you spoke up, quietly but enough to where she'd hear you.

"I love you, Demi."

"I love you more y/n."

And with that you fell into dream world, dreaming about how perfect your girlfriend is and knowing when you woke up, she'd still be right there. Right by your side.