Thanksgiving

Since it was your first year living with Demi you had both decided you wanted to have family over at your new place for the holidays. Demi was so excited about the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving together in your brand new home. She had went all out with the food cooking everything from Turkey to stuffing to mashed potatoes, while you stuck with the baking. You baked pies, brownies, and cookies. Everything had turned out wonderfully and you were just waiting on family and friends.

You were starting to get a little nervous, you wanted everything to be perfect, after all this was your first Thanksgiving in your new home with your girlfriend but also both of your sides of the family were coming and you felt like time was just crawling by. Demi walked up behind you as you stood by the window watching and waiting for people to start arriving. She wrapped her arms around your waist and kissed your shoulder softly. "You alright Princess?" "Yeah just nervous, and really excited. I just want everything to be perfect." "Everything is perfect y/n. Our families and friends are coming, we're together in our own home, it's our first holiday here together. Everything is perfect Princess, you're perfect." She kissed you and you started kissing back immediately melting into her kiss. You heard a couple car doors close and you pulled away from Demi, looking out the window to see your mom and dad had arrived. You ran to the front door while Demi giggled happily watching you race to the front door to greet your parents. You opened the door to see your parents about to knock when they saw you. They pulled you in for a hug and you invited them in to which they happily obliged. "Demi sweetie! You look beautiful! How are you honey?" Your mom asked her while pulling her in for a hug. "I'm great, thank you." "Wow this house is gorgeous, just like the two of you." "Thank you! Let me show you around!" She grabbed your mom and dad by the hand, leading them upstairs to show them around. You smiled to yourself as you saw more people were starting to arrive.

Two hours later you and Demi were upstairs together, taking a moment together while everyone downstairs getting dessert. "Demi? What are you most thankful for?" "Well my family and friends, my career, my fans... they're all pretty great and I'm so damn thankful for them but I'm most thankful for you. You, above anything and everything else. I'm so in love with you and the life we're starting together." "Aww Demi. You're the greatest blessing in my life and I'm the most thankful for you too. I love you!" You kissed her passionately and pulled away a minute later when you heard laughter coming from downstairs. "Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful." "Happy Thanksgiving Demi." You kissed one last time before walking downstairs with Demi hand in hand, excited to dig into the dessert you worked so hard on with the love of your life.