"Can you sing to me?"

You had woken up covered in sweat and your heart was racing. You were so relieved when you realized that everything you thought had actually happened was just a nightmare. But when you tried to fall back asleep, your mind would go back to the nightmare. Demi was sleeping next to you. She had had a long day that day and you didn't want to wake her up. An hour went by and you looked at the clock on your bedside table, the clock reading 4:10am. You began feeling anxious and eventually decided to wake Demi up.

You started shaking her shoulder lightly and she eventually opened her eyes, groaning as she realized it was still dark outside. "Y/n? Why are you up? Are you okay?" She slowly sat up and put her hand on your arm, rubbing it gently. She could tell something was wrong and when you shook your head and started playing with your fingers a little she knew something had happened. "Did you have another nightmare babe?" You looked up at her, looking into her eyes and nodded your head. "Aw babe, it's okay. I'm here, it was just a nightmare." "I know."

You put your head on her stomach and she started running her fingers through your hair. "Are you alright baby? Do you need anything? Some water or something? Is there anything I can do?" You thought about it for a few seconds, an idea coming into your mind. "No. I don't want you to leave me, I'm okay... but maybe...?" "It's alright, go on babe." "Can you... can you sing to me?" She smiled at you, loving the fact that you found comfort in her voice and her music. "Yeah of course beautiful. What song do you want me to sing you?" "Nightingale?" "Of course princess. Close your eyes, okay? You're safe babe." You closed your eyes as she started singing nightingale to you. You felt yourself falling asleep, the sound of her beautiful voice being the most beautiful and peaceful thing to you. You couldn't focus on anything else and you knew nothing bad could happen because Demi would always be there to protect you and keep you safe.