"You make me nervous"

You were out with Demi, the two of you just walking around LA and just adventuring, unaware of where you two were going but neither of you really cared. You and Demi had met only 3 weeks ago and you two had the biggest crushes on each other, unbeknownst to the other. There had been so many times throughout the day when you wanted to just reach for her hand and hold it in yours, or kiss her soft lips so lovingly, but you were too nervous. Your friends had been telling you to just open up to her or make a move, that they could tell that she liked you back but you were too chicken, too scared that you'd ruin things between the two of you or even worse, that you'd get rejected.

The sun was starting to set and could hear Demi talking to you about something but you weren't paying attention. You'd zoned out, the only thing you were able to focus on was her beautiful face and beautiful eyes. "Y/N?" You were interrupted from your thoughts, Demi waving her hand in front of your face to get your attention. "Hm? What's up Demi?" "You alright? You kinda zoned out there." "Oh yeah, I'm good." You faked a smile and she nodded her head, smiling back at you and making your knees feel weak underneath you. You two kept walking till you looked around and saw that you were in a park, the sun almost completely set at this point. "Um do you.. do you wanna sit down for a few minutes? Just watch the sunset?" Demi asked you while she looked into your eyes, making you nod your head in response. To be fair you would've done anything at that point, it didn't matter what it was- when she looked into your eyes, you were at her mercy, unable to snap yourself out of the daze she'd put you in.

You two walked over to the bench and sat down, watching the sunset in front of you, making you wish this was a normal thing for you guys. "Hey y/n?" "Yeah Demi?" "Can I.. can I ask you something? It's important, I've been keeping it to myself since we've met and I just.. I have to tell you." You nodded your head signaling for her to continue, but you felt your heart race when you felt her hand in yours, praying your hand wasn't sweating like you were fearing it was. "Okay so, I don't wanna ruin anything between us. I love being friends with you but I don't wanna be friends with you... I wanna be more than friends." Your heart was racing, you could hear it pounding in your eardrums. "What?" "I like you a lot, y/n. Like more than a friend. I really do and I can't keep denying it anymore." You smiled and your hand was shaking in hers. "I like you too Demi." "You do? Really?" "Yeah, a lot." She sighed in relief which made you giggle, you felt like you were dreaming but you knew you weren't when you felt something warm land on your lips... her lips. You kissed back immediately, removing your hand from hers and tangling it in her hair instead, pulling her even closer. When you pulled away you both just laughed, one of her hands going to rest on your cheek and caress it softly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" "I was scared y/n. I was scared you didn't feel the same and that you'd turn me away or that I'd make you uncomfortable but I couldn't help myself anymore, I just couldn't hide it from you. You make me nervous sometimes, the way you make me feel... I've never felt this way about anyone before. I really do like you y/n." "You're the sweetest, Demi. I really like you too, if you couldn't tell." "So uh does that mean we can.. ruin the friendship?" She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows and making you laugh. "You're so cheesy, but yes Demi. I'd be so honored to ruin the friendship with you." She laughed before kissing you again, her hands grabbing yours and intertwining them making your heart race a little.

It was safe to say that that was one of the best moments of your life and the beginning of the rest of your life.