She's worried about you

When you and Demi first met you could tell she was gonna be someone you would end up pouring your heart and soul out to and the more you two hung out and eventually became a couple the more open you became with her. It was on your fifth date when you ended up staying at her house overnight for the first time, the first time you two had stayed up all night just talking about anything and everything to each other which is also when you told her about your depression and anxiety. It was something you weren't open about with most people, even people you'd known for years didn't know.

It was hard for her to hear. She knew how you were feeling, she understood exactly how you were feeling and how much you were struggling because she had struggled with it too... but this was different. It affected her differently, she felt like she needed to hold you at all times, constantly check up on you and send you the sweetest messages just to remind you that you're beautiful and that you were going to have a good day even if some moments were bad, it would still be a good day. She held you so tightly that night and cried with you as you felt the weight from your shoulders get lifted. Now you two were engaged, two years later and she was more in love with you than ever. She could tell when your depression would kick in, she'd cancel every obligation she had that day no matter how important they were to lay in bed with you and hold you. She could tell your depression was coming back and how devastated you were by this. It was so hard for you because you'd come so far, it had been so long since you'd felt that way.

You were laying in bed staring at the ceiling. It was after midnight, Demi laid next to you, her breathing soft and slow. You thought she was sleeping but she wasn't, she was worried about you. You hadn't been sleeping well lately and she knew that though you tried telling her you were, telling her you were fine.. everything was fine. But she knew it wasn't. She slowly moved her hand onto your stomach, rubbing it softly to let you know she was awake. "Demi? Why aren't you sleeping?" "I could ask you the same thing." You laid there silently for a few seconds trying to think of what to say. "I just... can't sleep." "Y/N you haven't been sleeping right for days. I know you say you're fine but I know you're not. I'm really worried about you princess". You felt a tear roll down your cheek, the words hitting you hard. It made you feel vulnerable and god, you hated that feeling. "You shouldn't be. I'm okay Demi, really." She scooted closer to you on the bed and pulled you into her arms, laying your head on her chest as you listened to her heartbeat. "You and I both know you're lying. Y/N I've told you a thousand times that I'm here for you, you know I never judge you. I know your depression is coming back, I can tell how anxious you are... why won't you just confide in me?" "I don't know. I want to Demi, I do. I just don't know what's wrong or why things are getting worse. I don't know what's wrong with me." "Hey, nothing is wrong with you. You have depression baby, that's nothing to be ashamed of. I know you hate feeling vulnerable and hate admitting that you're depressed and anxious but baby you are, and I love you just the same. You think this makes you different to other people but you're not to me. You're still the same gorgeous woman I fell in love with two years ago. Who has this sparkle in her eyes that reminds me that everything will be alright. The one who understands this crazy lifestyle of mine, that was once terrified of being in the public eye and of paparazzi but learned how to deal with it because this is my normal, this is how my life is. You never said that you couldn't handle it though at times I knew you were scared, you never admitted it because you love me so much that conquering those fears were worth it to you. You're still the same woman I come home to every single day, you're the one who makes me laugh when no one else can, the one who is so selfless that she'd go through hell to make others happy, the one who stood by me and helped me back up when I fell on my face... you're the one who loves for me for me, not who the media has created. You never felt intimidated by the rumors, you're so strong and intelligent, you're the reason I've never given up, the reason I believe in soulmates and unconditional love... you're the one I'm gonna marry and have children with, because I love you through all of this."

You sat there staring into her beautiful brown eyes, tears rolling down your face as she spoke. You nodded your head and took a deep breath "maybe.. maybe I should see a therapist..?" "If that's what you want. You have my support, I've got your back baby girl." She kissed your lips and pulled back a few seconds later, stroking your hair and leaving a few kisses on your jaw. "I know I shouldn't but I can't help but feel ashamed of my depression and anxiety. I feel like it holds me back at times. We're engaged Demi, I should be so excited about planning our wedding and having kids but... I just..." "We have time princess. We're not on a time limit of when we have to get married. We can be engaged for a week or a year or even 10 years. We're young, we have all the time in the world. You'll get excited about wedding planning one day soon, in fact I think deep down you are. It's normal to struggle with things like this, you're human after all. I love you a lot and I'll love you through this. You're perfect to me, always." "I love you so much Demi. I'm so so lucky to have you, to get to love you. I'll go to therapy... if you'll come with me?" "Of course Princess. I told you I'd do anything for you and I meant it. Now, are you sleepy?" "Kind of." "Good. Get some sleep, beautiful. I've got you, I'm right here. I always will be." She kissed your head softly as you continued to listen to her heartbeat, it was slowly soothing you to sleep, along with her fingers rubbing up and down your back, her nails applying light pressure to scratch it softly, something that always made you feel so content that you'd fall asleep. You felt your eyes close but before you fell asleep you leaned your head up to kiss her jaw and let your lips linger for a few seconds.

She smiled softly as she looked down at you a few seconds later to see you fast asleep, your ear still against her heart, it skipped a few beats here and there as she saw you smile softly in your sleep. She was in no rush to fall asleep, not when there was an angel sleeping contently on her chest. She was gonna take her sweet time, fight against her eyelids that kept wanting to close. For you she'd miss out on sleep completely every day of her life if she could, she didn't want to ever take her eyes off of you. You were breathtakingly beautiful. As she watched you sleep she thought about what she had done in life that was so right and so good to deserve you. She wasn't quite sure, but damn, she was grateful.