Needles

Needles- your greatest fear. Today you had to face that fear and you weren't excited. You had to get your flu shot, Demi tagging along with you to hold your hand and give you some comfort because she knew how much needles scared you. "Baby calm down, it's alright. Don't focus on the needle, focus on me. Look at me" Demi said as they were getting ready to put the needle in your arm. You were shaking and you felt like crying. The pharmacist looking at Demi, giving her a questioning look and wondering if he should give you some time to prepare yourself. She shook her head no and grabbed your chin in one of her hands making you look into her eyes while her other hand held yours securely. She was making sure you knew that she was there. She hated seeing you like this but knew it was necessary for this to be done.

You felt the needle go in your arm and Demi started talking, reassuring you that it was gonna be fine and it would be over soon. "Don't worry babe, it's almost done. Just a few more seconds. You're alright. I'm here". You felt the needle being pulled from your arm and let out a shaky breath, not realizing that you had let a couple tears out.

"You did so good baby, I'm proud of you!" Demi said as she kissed your cheek, rubbing your back softly as you both stood up getting ready to go. She pulled you in her arms and gave you a hug as you started to calm down. It wasn't that you just didn't like needles. It was the fact that they made you anxious, you weren't quite sure why but Demi never questioned you about it. Rather she always comforted you and held your hand when you had to get one. She didn't judge you or make you feel weird about having this anxiety. She made you feel understood and safe, a feeling she had given you since you had first met.

As you walked to the car, she held your hand and rubbed your arm soothingly making sure you knew that you had done a good job and that she was proud of you, that you were brave for fighting through your fear and then took you out for ice cream to make you feel even better.