Anxiety

You were sitting on the living room floor rocking your body back and forth as you were curled up into a little ball wanting to just hide away from the world. You hated anxiety, you had struggled with it for years but it was getting worse lately. You could feel your hands starting to shake, your heart beginning to race, you began feeling nauseous and you were crying. You were trying to calm yourself down but were unable to do so. If anything you felt like it was just getting worse.

The front door opened, Demi walking in seeing you on the floor crying and immediately dropped everything in her hands onto the couch. Running over to you and sitting down next to you, she pulled you into her arms as you began crying into her shirt. "Shh, deep breaths baby girl. It's alright, I'm here now. You're safe, don't worry. I'm not gonna let anything hurt you. I'm here y/n, I'm here" she told you as she rubbed your back. 

She cared about you more than anything and hated seeing you like this but she knew it was out of your control and that you just needed her there; to hold you and remind you that it was gonna be alright.

You felt your heart beginning to slow down, the nauseous feeling going away and your hands clutching onto Demi's hoodie for dear life, but your grip loosening. 

You pulled away from her chest, a tear stain remaining on her shirt where you were just a few seconds ago. 

"You alright baby?" Demi asked you still rubbing your back, looking into your eyes watching for any sign of discomfort or anxiety. 

"Yeah. Yeah I'm okay Demi. Thank you". You kissed her softly as you grabbed one of her hands, just wanting to hold onto it for comfort. 

Even though the anxiety attack was calming down you still wanted to hold onto her, needing to know that she was there.

"I'm here babe, you're safe. I'm not going anywhere, y/n". She said as she pulled away from your lips, continuing to hold you in her arms through the night, not letting you go and making sure you knew that you were always safe with her.