You're really sick

Yesterday you had come down with what you and Demi had thought was the stomach flu, but she knew it was something completely different and much worse now. You were laying on the bed groaning and rolling around in pain, tears streaming down your face as your head began to pound even harder and the nausea came back, making you throw up in the bucket next to the bed once again. Your throat was burning and you were in so much pain that you couldn't move. Your body drenched in sweat, the fever last time Demi had checked it 30 minutes ago was at 102.9, making her feel anxious and terrified, scared she was watching you slip away in front of her eyes.

"Princess I'm so sorry, is there anything I can do to help you?" She ran her fingers through your hair, every inch of it soaked in sweat making her fingers damp. You shook your head, unable to speak at this point. Demi looked at you carefully, your face was hanging over the edge of the bed and over the bucket as you still felt your stomach turning, your whole body was just soaked and your fingers had a tight grip on the bed sheets. "Okay this is seriously getting out of hand y/n, I'm taking you to the hospital." "I can't Demi." You moaned out, barely audible as you were still in so much pain that you felt like you couldn't speak. "Why? Y/N this is something serious, way more serious than the stomach flu and we need to get you help, to get you better again. Don't you want that princess? Don't you wanna feel better?" She whispered, her hands rubbing your back softly. You nodded your head making Demi confused. "Then why can't you go?" "Because I.. I can't move. I'm in so much pain. Everything hurts Demi, I'm scared. I'm really scared." She felt the tears well up in her eyes, trying to fight them back to stay strong for you. "Okay. Alright princess, I'll carry you. I'll carry you to the car. Would that be better?" She waited a few seconds for a reply but when she still hadn't gotten one a moment later she began to get worried, her hands going up on your back to rub it, thinking that your body was so exhausted that you had fallen asleep but a couple minutes later and you still weren't waking up and she was panicking. She got up and ran to the other side of the room where her phone was and called 911, explaining the situation to them as they tried to calm her down. Once the ambulance had arrived they ran upstairs and over to you, shaking you and trying to get you to wake up. They picked up your fragile body and laid you down on the stretcher, an oxygen mask going over your face as they rushed you to the hospital, Demi riding alongside you in the ambulance the whole time, holding your hand and praying that you'd be alright.

Two hours later and Demi was still pacing around the waiting room, her cheeks wet from crying so much and her lips dry. "Demi?" The doctor shook her out of her thoughts, making her come back to reality instantly. "My girlfriend. Is she alright?" "Yes. She's okay. She's stabilized and she's awake now." Demi sighed in relief, tears spilling out of her eyes, streaming down her cheeks again. "What happened to her?" "Severe case of the flu. Her fever was really high, her body was absolutely exhausted and she passed out. She was extremely dehydrated making the symptoms even worse. We've got some fluids in her body now, some medication going in her to lower her fever. I wanna keep her here till at least tomorrow, if not for a few days. Things should get better at this point but she's gonna need a ton of fluids in her body and rest, we wanna keep her here to just observe her and see how she does." "Thank you, thank you so much." "You're welcome. She was asking for you if you would like to go see her?" "Yes, yes of course." When she walked into the room the sight in front of her made her cry once again. "Demi?" She walked over to you, sitting on the chair beside your bed and took your hand in both of hers. "Oh my god princess. You scared the shit out of me!" "I'm sorry." "It's okay. You look better now. Are you feeling better?" "Yeah a little. I don't feel like I'm gonna throw up anymore and my stomach isn't hurting, I'm actually kinda cold, the doctor said it was due to my fever. But other than that, yes. Thank you Demi." "For what?" "For taking care of me. I can only imagine how scared you must've been." "Yeah, I was terrified, I won't lie. But I'm so glad to see you feeling better baby girl. Now close your eyes and get some sleep, I'll be right here." She kissed your forehead, her fingers tucking some hair behind your ear as your eyes closed. She was so happy to see you feeling better and she wasn't going to go anywhere, she'd stay by your side the whole time.