someone breaks into your house

Demi was at the studio tonight which left you home alone while watching friends reruns until you eventually got so tired you decided to go upstairs and sleep. You laid down in bed and looked at your clock on your nightstand which read '11:45pm'. You let out a yawn before rolling onto your side and closing your eyes.

Your eyes shot open when you heard what sounded like glass breaking and falling on the ground. You saw that it was only a little after midnight, Demi wouldn't be home till 1. You knew it wasn't her and your heart dropped. You knew someone was breaking into your house. You immediately reached for your phone that was charging on your nightstand, running to your bedroom door and closing it as quietly as possible, then locking it. You ran into the bathroom and locked the door while dialing 911, a tear streaming down your cheek as the fear began to sink in. "911 what's your emergency?" "Someone's in my house." After giving them all the details they needed you sunk onto the floor, praying that whoever was in the house wouldn't come upstairs before the police arrived.

Before you knew it the cops had arrived and knocked on your bedroom door, telling you they had caught the intruder and you were safe. You opened the bedroom door hesitantly, walking downstairs just as Demi pulled into the driveway. Seeing all the cops and flashing lights, she jumped out of her car and ran into the house to see you sitting on the couch with a couple cops around you. "Y/N! Princess are you alright?" She ran to you and threw her arms around you, sitting down next to you and holding you tightly. "Yeah I'm okay Demi. Someone broke into the house..." "what?" "But I'm unharmed. I stayed in the bathroom and called 911." "My brave, smart, strong girl! I'm so happy you're okay!" "We arrested the intruder. Looks like he broke in due to seeing that you have a nice, big house full of nice stuff. We see this a lot. He'll be in prison for a few years. You've got nothing to worry about." One of the officers said as Demi got up to shake their hands and show them out. She came back, over to you and pulled you close to her, looking at you to make sure you were really okay. "You okay Princess?" "Yeah. I'm just a little... shaken up. But I'll be fine." "Come on baby girl, let's go to bed. I'll keep you safe. I'm here now, no one will ever be able to hurt you." She pulled you into her arms and led you up the stairs, laying you down and tucking you in then laying down next to you. She kissed the side of your head as you laid your head in her shoulder, her hands running up and down your back, applying slight pressure with her fingernails to comfort you. Although you were a little scared to go to sleep at first, knowing Demi was right next to you and would protect you from everything scary in the world made you feel better, she soothed you to sleep by whispering sweet nothings in your ears and kissing your head softly.