Appendicitis

You were sitting on your bed hunched over in pain. You had woken up about a half hour ago. Your abdomen was hurting so badly, one of the worst pains you had ever felt in your life. You contemplated waking Demi up but the more time went on the worse the pain was getting. You groaned as you reached out for Demi, shaking her side softly as you said her name in the darkness. "Demi? Demi. Demi wake up. Please wake up Demi." Finally she woke up and she sat up, her attention immediately on you. "y/n what's wrong?" "It hurts. It hurts so much Demi. Oh my god I can't...cope with it anymore. I feel like I'm dying. It hurts so bad. Please make it stop Demi!" You sobbed into her shoulder, the pain intensifying. "Okay princess. I'm gonna take you to the hospital." She picked you up and carried you to the car, trying to stay as calm as possible but she was struggling, feeling so worried about you. You groaned the whole way to the hospital. The sweat was pouring down your face at this point and you were starting to feel nauseous. You were gripping Demi's hand for dear life. You were in so much pain and so anxious that you didn't know what to expect.

Demi pulled the car into the hospital parking lot and rushed over to your side, picking you up in her arms and rushing you inside as you continued to groan and cry from the pain. "Someone help please! My girlfriend needs help!" She laid you gently on the gurney and held your hand tightly as you were wheeled to a room. The doctor was asking you questions like when did the pain start and where it was coming from. "On a scale of one to ten y/n, how would you rate the pain?" You groaned and squeezed Demi's hand harder, the tears streaming down your face. "10. 10! It hurts so badly. Please make it stop!" Demi comforted you and pressed a few kisses on your hands, the doctor looking at you sympathetically, yet extremely concerned. "Alright y/n here's what's going on. Your appendix has ruptured and we need to get you into surgery as soon as possible. I'm gonna put you to sleep so you can relax and in a few hours, you'll be feeling so much better." You were so scared, the doctors words hitting you like a ton of bricks. "Surgery?" You looked at Demi as she wiped the tears from your eyes, leaning closer to you and whispering some comforting words in your ear for just the two of you to hear. You hesitantly let go of her hand as you were rushed to surgery.

As soon as you were out of earshot Demi slid down the wall and let the tears fall. She tried so hard not to show you but she was terrified. There was nothing worse for her than seeing you in pain and not only were you in physical pain, you were also in emotional pain and there was nothing she could do to help you. A couple hours passed by and she was pacing around the waiting room at this point. Saying silent prayers to herself, distracting herself by texting your family and her family about what was going on. Sleep was the last thing on her mind despite the fact that it was now 5 in the morning. She looked up as the doctor walked towards her, sprinting to her feet in seconds. "Is y/n okay?" "Yes Miss Lovato, y/n is doing well. She's out of surgery and she's sleeping still." "Can I see her?" The doctor nodded his head and led her towards the room you were in, opening the door and placing a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "She'll be alright. Everything went well. She's very strong." Demi nodded her head and whispered a soft 'thank you' before she walked over to your bedside, sitting in the chair next to you and grabbing your hands in hers. She kissed them softly and let the tears fall silently.

You opened your eyes and looked around you. You saw Demi sitting in the chair next to you, her head on your bed near your leg and her hands in yours. You moved your hand slightly and Demi's eyes shot open, a small smile coming to her face. "You're awake princess! How are you feeling?" "Better." You smiled at her, your eyes drifting shut again. "When can we go home?" "I'm not sure. But go back to sleep baby. I'm right here princess." Before you knew it you were sleeping again and you were released a few days later, Demi feeling relieved and insisting that she do everything for you until you were fully healed.