The Prince and I

With  trembling fingers, Kyra pushed a few strand of hairs away from her face, and then placed her right hand on her chest, and felt her pounding heart. This can't be real, she thought, it must be an illusion!

Trailing behind the other tourists who were ahead of her walking to the Crowned Portcullis Gate, that was the emblem of the castle,  Kyra was confused and scared. Trying to refocus her train of thought to calm her nerves, Kyra's eyes fell on the iron gate that slid along vertical grooves at the side of the gateway of the castle, that prevented the unwanted from passage, when she saw another vision in front of her.

The thunder of hooves clapped loud in her ears, as hundreds of warriors rode their horses through the giant iron gate, following their leader, Prince Michael, who held his soulmate in his arms tightly. Kyra almost passed out, as she looked at herself up on that horse, and she was overwhelmed with love, when the prince leaned close to her, and his full lips kissed the nape of her neck. She could feel the hungry, powerful feelings that the princess was feeling, deep inside her heart and she was left breathless.

Snapping out of the trance she was in, Kyra thought that she was on the verge of turning mentally insane, or could it be the hot weather that was making the illusions come to life, she thought, or maybe it was some kind of Hollywood trick they were playing just to attract tourists, but as Kyra looked around her, she saw the tourists walking around as if nothing was happening out of the ordinary.

She cast her eyes on the magnificent structural castle, and decided to go inside and cool herself off. She needed to get out of the scorching sun, maybe she was on the verge of having a heat stroke, that would explain the crazy things that were happening to her, so she hurriedly followed after the tourists and walked up the inclined, paved, cobblestoned pathway to the castle, secretly glad that she had worn her gym shoes.

As Kyra neared the entrance way, she overheard a tourist guide say that the castle was rich in history. Indeed what he said was the truth, the architecture was grand and marvelous. Hundreds if not thousands must have occupied the premises hundreds of years ago. Kyra stopped at the entrance before she entered the castle and turned around, her eyes fell down below towards the North Sea, the beautiful view took her breath away.

The tourists were anxious to enter the castle, "Come on now, move your body and let all of us get inside too!" Someone called out from behind her, as they pushed and shoved to get inside the castle.

Kyra quickly stepped inside and got out of everyone's way before she was trampled to death, and suddenly she was once again overwhelmed with the same feelings. Her heart started to pound rapidly, and she looked around wildly, just as another vision appeared before her very eyes again.

To her astonishment, she saw the beautiful princess run in the arms of her betrothed, and he wrapped his strong and possessive arms around her, and kissed her passionately. Kyra closed her eyes, and could almost taste his lips on hers. She didn't understand what was happening to her, but she knew that she was in trouble.

"Are you alright miss?" Someone called out to her, and Kyra's eyes flew open.

"Yes thank you, I think the heat got to me." She said, and threw him a weak smile, before she ran out of the castle quickly.

There was something drastically wrong here she thought, as a strong urge engulfed her, and she hurried down the cobbled pathway, and entered the forest. Determined to get to the bottom of the strange things that were happening to her, she decided to go back to visit the statue of the Prince.

When the statue came to full view, she slowed down her pace and walked around all the tourists. Tears rolled down her face without shame, somehow deep in her heart she knew that this is where she belonged.

She pushed her way though the crowd, and stood right in front of the statue of the Prince, and her eyes fell on his hand that was by his side. To her astonishment, she noticed he was wearing a ring similar to the one she had found and had placed on her finger!

"No way!" She said out loud, and a few people turned and looked at her curiously.

My dear fans, today I have reached even closer to my goal, I am number 25!!!  Please don't forget to vote for me, please help me reach top ten, thank you kindly, I appreciate you all for helping me. Xoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxxo