Pains and regrets

Edward was thrown into the dungeon and left all alone in the dark, but the warrior didn't care about himself, he cared only about the princess, and what she had to endure because of Michael's craziness. Even if the truth is revealed, how would his brother and Kyra get past everything that has happened? Edward thought sadly.

Today is the wedding day, and he wondered what would happen, would Michael move forward with the ceremony to fulfill the prophecies, or will he reject her, and keep her his prisoner?

Deep in thought was Edward, that he didn't even notice, that Michael had come down to visit him in the dungeon, for one last desperate attempt to get the truth out of him.

"I thought we brothers Edward." Michael said, in a hurt tone of voice.

"We are brothers." Edward said, looking straight into his brothers eyes.

"Brothers don't turn on each other Edward!" Michael said, with a hint of anger in his voice.

"I have never turned on you brother. I have always been faithful to you!" Edward said through gritted teeth.

"I found my betrothed in you arms, and both of you were naked!" Growled Michael.

"Even if I told you how that happened, you wouldn't believe me!" His voice was sad, full of despair.

"Go ahead, give it a try, tell me what happened." Michael said in a bittersweet voice, trying desperately to find a way to forgive his brother and Kyra, because he loved them both dearly, and he wanted to erase yesterday's events, and move forward with the ceremony.

Edwards took an inhalation of breath, and said, "I had just left my room, and as I walked down the hall I heard kyra crying from the inside of her chambers, so I opened the door and walked in to give her some comfort."

"Of course you did!" Michael said, with a hint of irony.

"Brother you are wrong about all of this, yes I feel love for Kyra, but I can't help what I feel. Your feelings are interfering with my life, and you know as well as I do that because you love her so much, I carry the burden of those feelings too! Do you think I want to feel this way? Do you think I don't want a woman of my own, that I would take yours? I love you brother, and you know that, I would never steal your betrothed from you, and even if I stooped that low, she wouldn't have me, she is desperately and hopelessly in love with you, but you are too blinded with rage to even notice it!" He said, hoping he got through to his brothers head.

The Prince Druid closed his eyes and whispered, "Continue, tell me everything."

"When I walked inside her room, she lay naked on the bed, and she was crying her eyes out. I walked around the bed, sat on it, and covered her nakedness with the bed sheet, and tried to comfort her, but she was in a world of her own, crying relentless. I was worried sick watching her in so much pain, and all I wanted to do, is take her in my arms and wipe her tears away." He said innocently, but the cold look Michael gave him was not one he wanted to see.

"At this point brother, when you took my woman in your arms, if your intentions were honorable, why were you naked?" He asked, and Edward saw the madness in his brothers eyes.

"You know my feelings for her Michael, I can not help what I feel, but I would never betray you. I never once made a dishonorable move on her! I bent over to lift her in my arms and give her the comfort that she needed, and my kilt must have gotten trapped underneath my knee, and pulled off my waist. I didn't even realize that I wasn't wearing it until you barged in the room like a crazy mad man!" He said, hoping his brother believed what he just told him.

Michael was confused, not knowing if his brother spoke the truth or not. He loved his brother, but in all honesty, the story that Edward just told him sounded ridiculous! A kilt doesn't just fall off like that, and when he walked in Kyra's chambers, he did see them together, and they were both naked, and everyone knows that Edwards carries feelings for Kyra, even by his own admission, he has said that he loves her!

This was all too devastating for Michael. How would they all get past this, he thought, as grief took hold of his heart and twisted it. Today was supposed to have been the happiest day of his life, instead it's the worst day ever!

"I know this looks like we are are guilty, but it is not the case, we did not commit any crime, we are innocent victims, who were accused unfairly!" Edward said desperately, hoping his brother finally understood, and realized how wrong he was.

"Then why did Kyra say that you made love to her, why would she say that if it were not true?" His brother asked, and Edward could hear the anger creeping back into his brothers voice.

"Kyra saw you and Eva together, and was devastated. She wanted you to believe that we made love just to spite you, she wanted to hurt you with her words, so you can feel the same pain she was feeling." Edward said, but his brother wasn't buying it. All he could think of is the image of his beautiful betrothed, in the arms of his brother, and both were without clothes on!

Edward was lying to free himself from prison, and claim Kyra as his own! Michael thought with a heavy heart.

They had just finished making love when he walked in on them, Michael was sure of this, and he wanted to kill his brother for his betrayal, but deep down he knew he couldn't, for although his brother done him wrong, he was still his brother, and he loved him very much.

As Michael walked out of the prison cell, he ordered the guards to set his brother free. He knew that his family would have his head on a silver platter if he did not let him out of prison, but he was going to teach his brother a lesson in a different way, and have him begging for mercy for ruining his life.

He marched up the stairs, and through the great hall, down the corridor, and out of castle Lennox. He was going to have a talk with his traitorous betrothed, and see what her pathetic excuse will be for betraying him. He ignored the stabbing pain in his heart, as he climbed the two hundred stairs to the tower.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxxoxxoxo