The sacred vows

Michael waited patiently until Kyra woke up, and was excited to ask her if she would marry him tonight. His heart skipped a beat when he thought that mayhap she would insist on a lavish wedding, like all woman want, and he would love to do that for her, she deserves it, but there is no time for that now. He must marry her tonight, and not run the risk of her rejecting him tomorrow.

Unable to wait any longer, the prince butterfly kissed her face until she opened her eyes and looked at him shyly, turning ten shades of red, remembering what they shared earlier.

"Marry me tonight Kyra," He told her hoarsely, "let me make you my wife in all the sense of the word."

Kyra's eyes brightened with joy, wanting nothing more than to be his wife. "What do you mean tonight." She asked him, not understanding what he was really saying.

"Let's go to Saint Mary's cathedral, and get married tonight, just the two of us!" He told her recklessly.

"Who will marry us, and don't we need witnesses?" Kyra asked, excitedly.

"Our parents can be our witnesses, and father John will marry us if we ask him to." He told her, but Kyra just looked at him not knowing how to respond.

"I will give you your fairy tale wedding party this weekend Kyra, but I want to make love to you tonight, so we need to get married now, would you be willing to become my wife tonight?" He asked her, and held his breath until she answered him.

Kyra wanted nothing more, than to become his wife tonight. She didn't care about the fairy tale party, she just wanted to be lady Kyra MacAlister. "Yes Michael, I'll marry you tonight!" She said breathlessly, and Michael wasted no time at all, jumping out of the bed, and throwing on his kilt, he ran out of the room to gather their parents, and father John.

Walking into the cathedral, Kyra wore a white gown that Lidia had given her to wear for tonight, and on her head was a crown made of flowers, that Michael made for her to wear. Michael's heart was beating wildly, as he watched his blushing bride walk down the isle,

Both of their parents were there as witnesses, and Michael had asked them not to tell the siblings, because he wanted to surprise them afterwards. They did not question him, because they also wanted them to wed as soon as possible, so they could hurry and make the soulmate connection, and mayhap they can finally find the happiness which they seeked.

The ceremony was short and sweet, and when it was time to say the sacred vows, Michaels trembling hands held on to Kyra's tightly, and he could not help, but get all choked up.

"Heart of my heart, tonight I make thee my wife, to love and to hold, from this day forward you are blood of my blood, and bone of my bone, I give you my body that we two can become one, I give you my spirit till our life shall be done, above and beyond I will cherish and honor you in this life and into the next." He said, as tears glided done his handsome chiseled face.

Kyra too was crying as she too said the sacred vows to her soulmate. "I will love thee, till the day I die, myself to you willingly I tie, I give myself to thee today, and bind myself to thee this way, and for my husband thee I'll take, a loving wife to thee I'll make, and thee shall love me and not hate, for I will be your true soulmate."

Michael pulled her hands to his full lips and kissed them, and at that second, the soulmate connection began it's course, as the transparent visible, golden cord, weaved it's way around Michael and Kyra's body, and tied them together, binding them into this life and the next, infusing them with light and love, as it's electricity shot inside them and two souls became one.

Michael lowered his head, and kissed his lovely wife. He has never before in his entire life felt so happy, and complete, until now, and he knew that Kyra now belonged to him, as he too belonged to her.

When the connection was complete, Chief Douglas and his wife, and William and Lidia, with happy tears in their eyes congratulated their children, and gave them their blessings. It was a happy moment that would be cherished forever.

At that moment, the door to the cathedral crashed open, and Edward burst inside, alreading knowing that he was too late, the ceremony was over!

Thank you for your votes and comments. They mean the world to me. Xoxxoxoxxoxoxo