Call the doctor and heal my heart

Lidia and Edward cared for Kyra all night long, changing the bloodied cloths and applying new ones with healing medicine. They did not allow Michael to help, not trusting him in the state that he was in, and he watched like a helpless child, as they nursed his soulmate, but in the middle of the night, all the tender loving care that they gave her was not enough. Kyra's body was burning up with fever, and Michael heart raced wildly, not knowing what to do to help. If anything happened to her, he would never get over the guilt, but even worse than that, he knew that he could not live without her. It took all this, in order for him to realize what she meant to him.

Michael threw open the door to his mothers chambers and called out to the servants in a trembling voice, not caring that it was three o clock in the morning. A few servants scrambled up the stairs and he ordered them to go get the healer as fast as they could. Then he went by the bedside and pushed Edward out of the way.

"Edward, get me a few wet cloths quickly!" He barked, and Edward did as he was told, glad that Michael finally realized what his soulmate meant to him. "Mother, tell the servants to bring the tub and fill it with cold water!"

Lidia wasted no time, as she ran to the servants quarters, and told them to bring to her chambers a tub with cold water. The servants noticed the urgency in her tone, and jumped out of bed, and ran quickly to do as they were told.

Minutes later, the tub was brought to the room, and eight servants each brought a bucket of cold water, and dumped it in the tub. Michael lifted Kyra in his strong and possesive arms carefully, and placed her naked body in the tub gently. Kyra moaned as her scarred back touched the cold water, and Michael tensed, when the guilt twisted and dug deeper into his soul.

Lidia, and Michael bathed her with the cold water for about an hour before they saw a difference with her body tempature, and they were relieved that her body was fighting off the fever. Edward stepped in to take Michael's place, because his brother started to cry, gut wrenching sobes, and he lifted himself up, and exited the room.

He ran down the winding staircase, and through the grand hallway, and the guards quickly. opened the giant wooden doors to the castle, and Michael stepped out into the breezy night. The Druid Prince wasted no time getting to Saint Mary's catholic cathedral, which was located on the east side of the castle grounds. He wanted to ask for forgiveness, and also pray for his soulmate to live, because he knew that he could not exist in a world without her.

Opening the door to the cathedral, Michael stepped inside and walked all the way to the front by the alter, and dropped to his knees, and prayed.

"I have never asked anything from you ever, but tonight, I kneel before you, not as a Druid Prince, or a leader and chief, but as your humble servant, a mere man, who has sinned and asks for forgiveness." He said in a desperate voice that was full of anguish. "I beg of you Father, please spare her life. Give her back to me, and I swear to you that I will treasure her and love her forever."

He begged for hours, for her life to be spared, he begged until the sun, came out and splashed it's rays across the land, he prayed until there was nothing else left in him to say, and then he dropped his body on the ground, and closed his eyes, and thought back to the very first time when his mother told him of the deal his late father had made with Chief Douglas Alexander of Bruce Castle Marayshire, before he fell sick and died of the plague.

My dear fans, the following chapters will be a pre qual to this story, so you can all know how it all started, and better understand, because I know you all have a million and one questions, so I decided to write about the beginning, when Michael first laid eyes and fell in love with his soulmate, eight hundred years ago, and how Michael ended up turning to stone. All your questions that you have asked so far will be answered, and if you have anymore questions, please write in the comment section so I can address all the questions as I go along writing the pre qual. Please continue to vote and comment, I am now number eleven on the hot list, and all because of your help! Thank you for your giant support!!! I adore each and everyone of you!!!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo